MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Major problem while updating to 1.6.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made the fatal error, once I had uploaded all the files to the site, or going to www.site/forum/install.php and running through the motions, instead of /install/upgrade.php This was mostly due to me being an idiot but also because i totally failed to see the difference in pages between install and upgrade cause it wasn't clear .... but i wont place blame there - my fault alone. All I want now is to solve the problem.

Before the backup I had gone the forum's "backup" area and done a backup (download) of the entire forum data and structure.

When the "install" was done and the plain, EMPTY forum was revealed and my initial groan over I did the following:

discovered I could not restore the backup from the forum.
checked your how to.
downloaded BigDump.
uploaded bigdump and backup sql.gz file to server.
ran bigdump successfully.
tried to access forum, it said I had not updated yet and to do that.
tried to go to forum/install/upgrade.php and that threw back an error saying error 505 and possibly a 404 too.

tried copying the new 1.6.1 files back over again and redoing the update - same result.

So I uploaded my last *FULL* downloaded backup of the forum files which was 1.4.13 and tried to go to the forums with no success as still saying it needed updating so:

then put the 1.6.1 files back up, thinking the 1.4.13 upload would have written over these. Went to the install/upgrade.php and get the following on a "500 Internal server error" tab:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

PLEASE help urgently...I'm doing my brain in with worry that it's completely FUBAR'd!

site: http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk/forum/

Thank you in advance!
Sam / Bifford

further, if I go to the site (after renaming temporarily (prior to deleting) the install dir) i get the following:

"MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'sifsskhn_SeaxeForum.mybb_sessions' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT * FROM mybb_sessions WHERE sid='6846bce6d7b19c671452e032d266cf23' AND ip='94.7.234.92' LIMIT 1 "
Look in your database, what tables are currently in there?? It seems that you only have half a database as you'd be getting a error saying the datacache table was missing if the database was completely empty.

If you're upgrading from 1.4.13 you should have taken a full file and database backup, you should be able to just restore all that and you'll be back where you were before, assuming it was actually a complete backup. Seems like you've got a mismatched database and files here.

A 500 error could be being caused by anything, your server error log should be able to give more information on that.

Plus, if you try and run the install script when you've already got a forum, first it tells you that you've already installed and asks if you actually want to go to the upgrader, and if you choose to install again, a popup message comes up saying that this can't be undone; there's little we can do to make this clearer.
(2010-12-15, 11:34 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Look in your database, what tables are currently in there?? It seems that you only have half a database as you'd be getting a error saying the datacache table was missing if the database was completely empty.

I shall check that! thanks.

Quote:If you're upgrading from 1.4.13 you should have taken a full file and database backup, you should be able to just restore all that and you'll be back where you were before, assuming it was actually a complete backup. Seems like you've got a mismatched database and files here.

I should have mentioned this initially was an upgrade from 1.6.0. I should habe done a total file backup via ftp as I did with 1.4.13 to 1.6.0 but figured nothing would go wrong. the backup I did was via the mybb admin backup area and "select all" used to get the data and structure.

Quote:A 500 error could be being caused by anything, your server error log should be able to give more information on that.

Lots of "unexpected $end"s and soem not found databases - giving credance to your surmise of missing databases. I shall delete the uploaded backup and re-upload. clear the php tables and re-run bigdump.

Quote:Plus, if you try and run the install script when you've already got a forum, first it tells you that you've already installed and asks if you actually want to go to the upgrader, and if you choose to install again, a popup message comes up saying that this can't be undone; there's little we can do to make this clearer.

I did not get that it just went to the welcome to the install stuff.

If the above does not work would deleting everything in my current forum dir, and doing the new install of 1.6.1 again, then importing the backup work? or should i do a clean install of 1.6.0, then import the backup and THEN attempt the update to .1 again??

Thanks for your quick reply Matt.

Sam
If you were on 1.6 originally, don't start messing about with 1.4 backups, that's just going to complicate things even further. If you've got a backup of your 1.6 database from before the upgrade, upload that backup, upload all the 1.6.1 files from a fresh download, and then run the upgrade script.

And if you didn't get any warnings about already having a forum installed, you must have somehow deleted your ./inc/config.php file, as if this file exists and has database details in it, it'll show this error.
Hello again! I *DID* only have a partial mysql database backup - not sure Why the mybb backup screwed up, but it did. So I have amalgamated the newest backup (which thankfully got down as far as the "Posts" resource) with one from a month ago with everything S-Z in it!

This has worked in-so-far as the forum is back up in front-page looks. I ran into problems however with it saying that mybb_threadprefixes wasn't found. Added that into phpmyadmin with the following:
Field: Type: Collation:
prefix text utf8_general_ci
displaystyle text utf8_general_ci
forums int(11)
groups int(11)

the Type's I chose based on my Very limited knowledge of mysql and databases. they may be wrong??

Anyway. Now whenever I try to go inside any forum I get the following error:

"MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'p.pid' in 'on clause'
Query:
SELECT t.*, p.displaystyle AS threadprefix, (t.totalratings/t.numratings) AS averagerating, r.uid AS rated, t.username AS threadusername, u.username FROM mybb_threads t LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid = t.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_threadratings r ON(r.tid=t.tid AND r.uid='1') LEFT JOIN mybb_threadprefixes p ON (p.pid = t.prefix) WHERE t.fid='30' AND (t.visible='1' OR t.visible='0') GROUP BY t.tid ORDER BY t.sticky DESC, t.lastpost desc LIMIT 0, 25

"

Any help here very much aprreciated! Smile

Sam
If that table wasn't there then the upgrade script needed to be run on the database, you'll need to run that so it makes all the necessary changes. This is the upgrade script you need, not the install script...
Right, that was what i figured too. So before my last post I did the upgrade script selecting the old version as 1.6 but it didn't write anything new to the database.

After your post I went back and did it again but with 1.4.# as the old version - as my research told me the thread prefixes were something new added to 1.6 as standard it struck me that the 1.6.1 update wouldnt necessarily write the new code to the database - but an update from 1.4.# to 1.6.# Would.

and voila! problem solved and as far as I can tell I am back up and running (with maybe a user or two missing).. But nothing too bad!! Big Grin

Many many thanks for your help with this. Please mark the thread as solved! Big Grin

Sam
Well, having said that I seem to be having problems with posts not showing up...and whenever i hit the "post new topic" button it adds it to the end of one of the already there posts.....its all a bit screwy lol