MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.6 to 1.6.1 easily:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Download the .zip from here.
2. (optional, but recommended) Close the board, then get a backup of your database.
3. Upload the .zip to the root directory and unpack it.
4. Go to http://yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and follow the instructions.
5. (If you completed step 2) Re-open board!
6. Done!

Hopefully this helps people out - it's just an easy guide to help people. Smile
Is it just my forum, or are others getting this after performing the upgrade with the changed files upgrade option? Huh
Quote:You are currently running MyBB 1.6.0 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.6.1 (1601).
(2010-12-16, 01:06 PM)knol Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just my forum, or are others getting this after performing the upgrade with the changed files upgrade option? Huh
Quote:You are currently running MyBB 1.6.0 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.6.1 (1601).

Then you've not uploaded the files properly. It would be better to make your own thread.
(2010-12-16, 01:06 PM)knol Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just my forum, or are others getting this after performing the upgrade with the changed files upgrade option? Huh

Did you run the "upgrade" ?

e.g. Run this: http://yourdomain.com/forum_path/install/upgrade.php

But please ensure that you've close your board before running the upgrade.
hmmm, I'll upload them again, see if it helps, did not get any errors though (ftp)... if problem persists I open my own thread Wink
[update]Just re uploaded everything, got the install a second time, hmm anyway, all is just fine now! Thanks![/update]
In the official upgrade advisory it says to disable all plugins but from past experience I would rather avoid this. Any experience on not doing this for the update?

Greetings
Atnun
For small updates like this it's highly unlikely you'd encounter any problems leaving them active.
Thanks for your reply.
(2010-12-16, 12:19 PM)Renegader Wrote: [ -> ]3. Upload the .zip to the root directory and unpack it.
Wouldn't this wipe out settings.php?

Pages: 1 2