MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb newbie questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i would like to use mybb to create a forum , however i have some questions i would like to ask and i would really appreciate if you guys help out .

1. I would like to create a forum with different sections : example entertainment , news etc. i would like to know if it is possible to assign a different color to each section for example news = green , entertainment = red .

2. I have come across some forums (example digitalpoint) and whenever the question of phbb vs mybb or phbb vs smf comes up most people say mybb's problem is that its security is weak and that it suffers from spambots alot is this true or are those guys just badmouthing mybb
1. Which bit precisely would you want to colour?? The name or the actual table row??

2. Don't pay any attention to that sort of thing, MyBB is not any less secure than any other software. All software will get hit by spam bots, that's not something unique to us.
thnx a lot .

1. i would like to assign a different colour to the actual table rows . for example you are in finance forum and its shows green , when you navigate into entertainment it should be red.

2. i hear preventing guest from posting helps prevent spambot also captcha helps , is this true ?
For Capctha: Try this for better security against spam: http://mods.mybb.com/view/recaptcha
thanks for the captcha stuff , still don't know if the background stuff is possible though
I suggest using the latest version of MyBB, dunno why this was posted in the 1.4 forum Confused

The people who say MyBB's security is crap are people who've hated it from the beginning and never used it. Just ignore them Smile
okay guess i would move it to the latest thread then
I would like to create a forum with different sections : example entertainment , news etc. i would like to know if it is possible to assign a different color to each section for example news = green , entertainment = red .
(2010-12-16, 02:52 PM)noob10 Wrote: [ -> ]1. I would like to create a forum with different sections : example entertainment , news etc. i would like to know if it is possible to assign a different color to each section for example news = green , entertainment = red .

That's possible with some template edits and additional CSS.
@AJS , i would appreciate if you explained better or show me a link with the explanation / tutorial on how to do this
waiting for an answer