MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mysql query running for a long time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@Dylan: I did as per your instructions and it's over 4 days and am not seeing any more alerts in my account. It seems issue is resolved now.

Thanks a lot for your help.

@Matt: Thanks for your suggestions too.
i bet the issue will come back. in pphMyAdmin, in the first page that comes up (or click the phpMyAdmin image in the top left pane) and then click the Status tab.

Look for items listed in red and read the descriptions and see if its table/db/index related issues. if not, its likely something you can not fix since its server level issue with the mysql config.
I do have many in red. Here are a couple of them with explanations:

Quote:Handler_read_rnd 2,878.95 M The number of requests to read a row based on a fixed position. This is high if you are doing a lot of queries that require sorting of the result. You probably have a lot of queries that require MySQL to scan whole tables or you have joins that don't use keys properly.

Handler_read_rnd_next 1,002 M The number of requests to read the next row in the data file. This is high if you are doing a lot of table scans. Generally this suggests that your tables are not properly indexed or that your queries are not written to take advantage of the indexes you have.
Did you just changed to MyBB 1.6.1?
Nopes I am still on 1.6.0 only.
Pages: 1 2