MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF Database to Mybb Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Install MyBB somewhere on your server (eg mybb)
Upload the folder called convert to your MyBB install
Run the Merger.

You don't need to download your database unless your intending on moving to a new host.
(2010-12-17, 01:39 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Install MyBB somewhere on your server (eg mybb)
Upload the folder called convert to your MyBB install
Run the Merger.

You don't need to download your database unless your intending on moving to a new host.
I did but it will never take the mysql info from my smf site even though it is correct. They are on two different hosts though so I don't know if that would matter. Im confused now lol.

If they are hosted on different servers, you need to take your SMF Database and import it into a new database on your new host.

So, create a new db called smf on your new host. Import your SMF DB Backup via phpMyAdmin into this database.

Assign SMF to use this database. Now run the converter.
(2010-12-17, 01:44 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]If they are hosted on different servers, you need to take your SMF Database and import it into a new database on your new host.

So, create a new db called smf on your new host. Import your SMF DB Backup via phpMyAdmin into this database.

Ok I will try this. Thanks

(2010-12-17, 01:46 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-17, 01:44 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]If they are hosted on different servers, you need to take your SMF Database and import it into a new database on your new host.

Ok I will try this. Thanks
Ok I made a db called smf2 and when I go to phpmyadmin and try to upload my SMF db thing I get this error code.

Error
SQL query:

CREATE TABLE smf_tp_events (

id int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
id_member int( 11 ) NOT NULL ,
date int( 11 ) NOT NULL ,
textvariable mediumtext NOT NULL ,
link mediumtext NOT NULL ,
description mediumtext NOT NULL ,
allowed mediumtext NOT NULL ,
eventid int( 11 ) ,
ON tinyint( 4 ) ,
PRIMARY KEY ( id ) ) TYPE = MYISAM ;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'on tinyint(4),
PRIMARY KEY (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
The SQL Backup might have been corrupted. Take a new database backup and import that.
(2010-12-17, 02:13 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]The SQL Backup might have been corrupted. Take a new database backup and import that.

Ok and every time I try and put in my mysql info on the convertor. And I AM 500% POSITIVE ITS RIGHT LOL. Ok and thanks for the reply.
Damn its still not working. I am tempted to give up but I want all my posts and members back. I'm gonna try and get some more support on the SMF site but they aren't as helpful IMO.
Pages: 1 2