MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template revert list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't think there is anything wrong here, but I'm confused.

I read some place that when I upgrade I'm going to be offered a list of templates to revert. What happened instead is during upgrading from 1.6 to 1.6.1. is a screen came up and told me all templates have been reverted, but without asking me if I wanted them reverted.

But when I looked at the templates under the default templates heading in the control panel, they they had not been reverted.

And when I ran the utility to find updated templates, it found none, even though there are three templates that I modified before 1.6.1.

Anyway, maybe there is nothing wrong here. It just confuses me.
Mine's got reverted, including the installed templates and themes
(2010-12-17, 03:21 AM)E-Hero Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]Mine's got reverted, including the installed templates and themes
Without asking you?

I just noticed an odd thing. I have three themes I made. When I select the last one on the list, it doesn't display. Instead, a stock MyBB theme appears. I double checked the theme by looking at the CSS, and it's my custom theme, not a stock one. But I was able to fix this. I deleted the theme, and then imported its backup copy that I made right before upgrading.
It doesn't revert every single edited template to default, it reimports the master templates, making them the new default. Only 3 templates were changed in this update. If you've not edited any of the templates that got changed, it won't show anything in the find updated templates section, they only show there if the template has been updated and you'd made edits to it previously.

I just upgraded, it hasn't reverted any of my edits, and the only template I see in the find updated templates section is usercp_nav_misc, because that's the only one I've edited, the other ones have been reverted automatically because I hadn't edited them.
Thanks. I think I get it now. The report only lists templates that have a: been updated in the new release and b. modified by the user. It has to be both.