MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Basic Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After reading a lot, and even making a first forum wich was more of a test for me, I think I have finally achieved a forum that can be great.
I've made the theme, based on Coder Green, wich was very interesting. I also used a few plugins from mods.mybb.com and some from mybbcentral.com as well as a few custom ones I've made from existing ones.

This forum is to discuss mostly Basic (the coding language).

Let me know what you think if you have a few minutes : http://basiccentral.net

Thanks.
Seems like you really spend your time on this, great job! One tip: Do not use the tab system as it is generally disliked by members and harder to have a good overview of all the forums.
Thanks for your input. I personnaly like the tabbed menu, this is why I use it. I, unlike you, find it much easier to find what you're looking for.
(2010-12-17, 04:40 AM)Bencori Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your input. I personnaly like the tabbed menu, this is why I use it. I, unlike you, find it much easier to find what you're looking for.
I heard mix reviews but I did some research on it and in generally most people dislike it and it also is not that good for general SEO.

Edit: I would also remove the border around the container and make the body the same background color as the container. Than move the header up and attach it to the top of the body. Will probably look lots better.
(2010-12-17, 04:58 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]I heard mix reviews but I did some research on it and in generally most people dislike it and it also is not that good for general SEO.

Oh well, didn't know that. I might consider keeping it or not. How does it affect SEO though ?
The source is the same but what's displayed on the webpage is a tad different. I did some tests and I noticed that in general bots and crawlers had more trouble indexing a tabbed index than a regular. Both got their eventually but the non-tabbed did much better.

Between read my post before, edited it.
Like having the container full screen ? I actually worked hard trying to make this look good (I know it isn't that hard, but it was my first real CSS / MyBB templates work, so I did struggle a bit). And this container being totally detached from the background was something I wanted to do ... I personnaly think this look good.

I have other problems, like the editor, I don't know how to change the text of it (it's white on white, can't really read). And I don't know how why, but on Chrome, the dropbox items are white on white too.. On Opera & Firefox it shows alright.

Oh well, anything else you don't really like ?
(2010-12-17, 05:08 AM)Bencori Wrote: [ -> ]Like having the container full screen ? I actually worked hard trying to make this look good (I know it isn't that hard, but it was my first real CSS / MyBB templates work, so I did struggle a bit). And this container being totally detached from the background was something I wanted to do ... I personnaly think this look good.

I have other problems, like the editor, I don't know how to change the text of it (it's white on white, can't really read). And I don't know how why, but on Chrome, the dropbox items are white on white too.. On Opera & Firefox it shows alright.

Oh well, anything else you don't really like ?
I think having the body the same as the container will finish the theme. You got a sleek shiny theme going on when looking at the theads and cats but gets ruined by the body which is a bit tacky. Where do you see the white text on white? Define the "dropbox items".

No the rest seems excellent, the only suggestion left is to fill it with content :3. Post as many threads as you can to spark conversations.
I would also remove the border around the container and make the body the same background color as the container.
Nice theme, good luck Smile
Pages: 1 2 3