MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: removing subforum from being displayed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how to make a subforum 'disappear'?which file should i edit?and if i only want a specific forum only to hide the subforum,how to do it?advice needed.

regards
ACP > Forums and Management > Select the forum you want to hide > Edit > and "Un-check" Forum is Active? in "Access Options".
i'm sorry for not explaining further..i just need the subforum from being display in the index.php....so just if users want to enter the forum, they will have to enter it only through one link..they will be charge to enter that forum...not bypassing by clicking the subforum.

if i set using the newpoint in the main link,,everytime users want to enter the subforum under it,the system asking for another charge.i only want to make a one-time-off charging only.
Please hit the solve button.
it haven't solved yet,brother.

let me explain..

this is the flow.this is what is currently being display in the index.php

category
_l_forum1
_____l_subforum1
category
_l_forum2
_____l_subforum2
category
_l_forum3
_____l_subforum3

what i need is

category
_l_forum1
_____l_subforum1
category
_l_forum2
_____l_subforum2
category
_l_forum3
_____l_subforum3 <-hide

i can set the whole subforum missing by Home ยป Board Settings Forum Home Options >> Subforums to show on Index listing and set it to 0.but this option will hide all the subforum in the index.php.

what i need to know is just to hide only certain subforum from being access from the outside.but can be view after the user enter the forum..

e.g in the forum displayed in index.php
there is forum3 and beneath it is subforum3

i don't want subforum3 to be visible to others in index.php but it is visible when the user enter via forum3.

i know it's kind of mess up.even i also feel like to have a migrain here.
If you want to show on forumdisplay but want to hide on index, it needs a plugin.
(2010-12-17, 02:32 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to show on forumdisplay but want to hide on index, it needs a plugin.

any suitable plugin that you can suggest?
No, there is no plugin yet, however you can request it at Requests sub-forum.