MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: permissions logic? really confused!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I ser up a support forum where only post's author can view and reply to its own thread
Of course, Mods and Admnis have to be able to read and answer those threads
So How to proprely set this forum's permission?
I set it like followings:
For Registred group:
Can view forum? CHECKED
Can view threads within forum? UNCHECKED
Can only view own threads? CHECKED

For Admins and super Mods groups:
Can view forum? CHECKED
Can view threads within forum? CHECKED
Can only view own threads? UNCHECKED

The problem is that:
1-Post's author cant see last post title within index page, there is only a "-" ! he has to enter forum to view his thread.

2- Admins and Mods cant read or view any thread !! because they are members of REGISTRED gorup
So shoud I remove them from REGISTRED gorup?

I came from phpbb, so I am really confused about mybb way
It's either a forum link or a private forum where users can only see own threads.
Thread's title can't be visible for the "registered users" on Last Post area on Index, User's belong to that group should have to go inside the forum to view their own threads.

Plus, check all options for "registered users". Just uncheck "Can only view own threads?" option for admins and mods.
@Shukaku
Thanks for reply
But I didnot get the point !! Undecided
How should I set up the forum so post's author, admins and mods can veiw read and reply to threads ??
@Yaldaram Thanks a lot
(2010-12-17, 01:09 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Thread's title can't be visible for the "registered users" on Last Post area on Index, User's belong to that group should have to go inside the forum to view their own threads.
Why not? I think post's author souldnot see Last Post area on Index empty, otherwise, he would think there is no post there!! if last area is visible he would see it if there is a new reply for his thread

(2010-12-17, 01:09 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Plus, check all options for "registered users". Just uncheck "Can only view own threads?" option for admins and mods.
this are the settings
Can view forum? CHECKED
Do you think I have to remove Admins and Supr Mods from Registred group so they will not be affected by restrictions related to reigstred group??
It needs to be like this:

Quote:For Registred group:
Can view forum? CHECKED
Can only view own threads? CHECKED

For Admins and super Mods groups:
Can view forum? CHECKED

That should work fine...
(2010-12-17, 01:10 PM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]Why not? I think post's author souldnot see Last Post area on Index empty, otherwise, he would think there is no post there!! if last area is visible he would see it if there is a new reply for his thread

http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=31