MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minimum files for upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minimum files for upgrading

I want to upgrade to 1.6.1, i just have but then it's cleaned a lot of my customisation out so i've gone to my backup and i want to go to 1.6.1 without changing anything that i've edited.

What are the minimum files you need ?
The minimum files are the changed files available in the 1.6.1 update blog post.
Have you actually edited a lot of the files that are in the changed files package...?? Those are the only customisations it'll undo.
(2010-12-18, 10:17 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Have you actually edited a lot of the files that are in the changed files package...?? Those are the only customisations it'll undo.

I'd edited about 5/6. I'd be good if instead of the full 1.6.1 download you can just download an "update" pack, with just the files that have changed since say 1.6.0 would of saved me 30 minutes or so.
(2010-12-18, 03:07 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]The minimum files are the changed files available in the 1.6.1 update blog post.

The changed files are the updated files only...
I don't understand your response, you've just re-worded your quote. I know what files have changed now, from the blog post.

What i was asking is, isn't there a just "updated files" download, instead of having to download the full 1.6.1 (all files) then deleting all but the updates files.
http://mybboard.net/download/128

Just make sure the member.php file is in there, if not, you will need to add it from the full download pack.
MarkW7 Wrote:I'd be good if instead of the full 1.6.1 download you can just download an "update" pack, with just the files that have changed since say 1.6.0 would of saved me 30 minutes or so.
What i was asking is, isn't there a just "updated files" download, instead of having to download the full 1.6.1 (all files) then deleting all but the updates files.

That is exactly what the changed files package is, that's precisely why it's called the changed files package, it's the files that have been changed since the last release... Undecided If you've made edits to files, make a note of what they were and make them again afterwards. And if you downloaded the full 1.6.1 package instead, you wouldn't need to go through and delete all the files that haven't actually been changed, it'd be far quicker and easier to just upload the whole thing, it's just even quicker to upload just the changed files, which is why we provide it in a separate package in the blog post.