MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Require CPALead Survey for Single Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you visit my website and scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a forum labeled "VIP".

http://www.asskickersunited.com/index.php

I would like to be able to restrict only that category and forum (ids 68 and 69) based on CPALead, where a user has to complete a survey before they are allowed to access that area.

Is this possible?
Do you need automatic permissions or manually ?

If you go for "manually" then its quite simple, just Go to > ACP > Forums and Management > Select Forum > and add "Link to the Survey" in "Forum Link" of "Aditional Forum Options".

Now once the user click on that forumlink, he / she will go to the "Survey" page, and after completing the survey, they may return to inform you about the completion. You may then allow him / her to access.
Hmm.. didn't think of that. Good idea. Big Grin

Although, that could probably easily be cheated through. But meh.

Perhaps I could make a few PHP scripts to do this.

Could there be a way to edit the header for a single forum?
You could use Yumi's template conditional plugin and only set it to just one FID.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
(2010-12-18, 04:18 PM)Hovertac Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm.. didn't think of that. Good idea. Big Grin

Although, that could probably easily be cheated through. But meh.

Perhaps I could make a few PHP scripts to do this.

Could there be a way to edit the header for a single forum?

No need to install any plugin, the default setting of "Forum Permissions"will let you do all the hard job. For example, if you want to make only one specific forum to go the URL then Go to: ACP > Forums and Maagement > Select that forum > edit > find "Forum Link" and input the URL of your "survey" page.

This setting will be specific for that particular forum only.
You should be able to add JavaScript into the Forum Rules. So just choose the option "Add Forum Rules" and put the CPALead javascript into it.
(2010-12-18, 10:10 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to add JavaScript into the Forum Rules. So just choose the option "Add Forum Rules" and put the CPALead javascript into it.

It has to be between <head> tags.

But I'll try the plugin listed above.
While it should be in the header, it doesn't really need to be. My method will work - it isn't the cleanest way, but it doesn't require any plugins or edits.