MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry to make a second thread but nobody was returning to my other one. Ok so I have successfully installed my SMF on the same server as my MyBB forum. I have the smf at www.mydomain/smf and mybb is at www.anotherdomain.com

And my host has it when you log in to their site you choose which domain you wan't to go to and it takes you to the cpanel. I beleive that the two different domains access different sql databases. So should I try and upload the SMF to a different directory on the same domain? Because teh SMF is not letting me unistall the plugins off of it after the move so I'm gonna have to do it with them on there.

But other than that I don't know what to do. I've been working on this for 12 hours now.
You can install two different forum softwares within the single domain, but make sure you are giving them separate databases each.

IMO, it would a bad idea to use two forums on single domain.
(2010-12-18, 04:49 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]You can install two different forum softwares within the single domain, but make sure you are giving them separate databases each.

IMO, it would a bad idea to use two forums on single domain.
Ok but all I want to do is get the board layout, posts, threads, and members from my SMF to be on my MyBB so I can start using that. I don't want the SMF forum anymore. So no matter what I try the merger will never accept my mysql info when I know its right. And I've also gone into the coding of SMF and changed it. I have also changed it on the site itself. I get this error code EVERY time and it says it cannot connect to my host with supplied username and password. My host does not use local host so maybe that is the problem. I just really wish someone could do it for me but I don't want somebody f ing with my forum lol.

This is probably an issue with your host. Either your inputting the details wrongly or the server doesn't like what you are trying to do.
(2010-12-18, 05:32 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]This is probably an issue with your host. Either your inputting the details wrongly or the server doesn't like what you are trying to do.
So does anybody know of any good servers? I guess I will just switch hosts. Ugh....this is a pain in the ***

I'd suggest www.hawkhost.com , I host numerous sites with them and have had no major issues with them, excepting expected downtime.
(2010-12-18, 06:35 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest www.hawkhost.com , I host numerous sites with them and have had no major issues with them, excepting expected downtime.
Um thanks but I need a free host. Hmm... I will look around al little

use x10hosting.com u get unmetered hosting. and its 100% free, this offer auto installer for MYBB, SMF, PHPBB ETC.....
(2010-12-21, 03:54 AM)Dark Byte Wrote: [ -> ]use x10hosting.com u get unmetered hosting. and its 100% free, this offer auto installer for MYBB, SMF, PHPBB ETC.....

Would you stop advertising x10hosting? Those unmetered and unlimited things are just there to fool people like you
Im just using a WAMP server right now. Thanks for the replies guys.
Pages: 1 2