MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there some buggy JS or code or something?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This issue is frustrating. On localhost, fresh install of 1.6.1, when replying to thread #1, the quick reply options aren't checked (for signature & sticky, for example). However, the source says it's checked. When I make a reply through quick reply, however, the options then become checked like they're supposed to. This only happens on certain threads, too. Happens on both the default theme and Sky Cotton, which I thought was the issue, but apparently not.

My apologies if this has been posted before, tl;ds.
What, so after the post gets added, it suddenly checks the boxes in the quick reply form...?? I don't think the quick reply runs any javascript to do anything to these checkboxes... if the boxes aren't checked even though the source says they should be, that sounds like a browser issue, javascript isn't being run at that point to uncheck them or anything.
It could be a browser issue, then. idk. I rarely use anything but Firefox but the inconsistencies didn't make sense. I'll see if I have any plugins installed that may affect it though.

Edit: I was only able to test with IE, since all the other browsers apparently don't like local cookies. Worked on IE, though Firefox, even with all addons and themes disabled still does this.
I see what you mean. It's not a browser issue, that's just how it works. The quick reply does not get the new state of the thread until the page is reloaded. So making a quick reply that closes the thread, and making another quick reply afterwards, will re-open the thread since the close isn't ticked. More likely to happen the other way around. You open the thread in a quick reply, make another reply after that and it's closed again. The checkboxes just don't update with quick reply.

To fix you'd have to either make the javascript smarter, or force a reload of the page when changing lock/sticky status.

Alternatively remove the checkboxes for sticky/close altogether. Moderation tool is on the same page and just as fast.
I don't think that's quite the issue. I'll try to explain it better;

On the thread, there are no options checked. This is not just moderation options, but also the signature checkbox. The code indicates these boxes are checked, but they aren't. However, once I submit a post via Quick Reply, it does it's refresh-type thing and all of the sudden the boxes are checked.

I would think it's a browser issue, but the fact that it occurs on random threads and random sites doesn't add up. I was encountering this issue on MyBBGM.com, but it seems to be fixed with the new theme. I'm not really sure what's going on.