MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Share your CPU! - Help generate numbers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I am trying to determine the true randomness of computational random number generation. The problem is, I only have a single quad-core processor, so generating numbers takes a reasonable length of time.

I need people's help to generate some random numbers. Please visit: here to download the application, which generates a text file containing data on the random numbers Big Grin

Thanks Guys Big Grin

Current Stats (21-Dec-2010 - 09:25GMT):
- Generated Numbers: 100,656,289		
- Line Equation: y = -0.0037x + 100759
- Highest Probability Number: 139
- Lowest Probability Number: 739

What the Equation should be (if it were completely random):
y = (A NUMBER)

When you've generated your numbers, please send the output files via email (or a link t a zip/rar file containing your output files) to:
[email protected]

Current Application Version: 1.6.0

Features:
-Random Number Generation (obviously!)
-Percentage of completion
-Number of generations count
-Temp file handling (to preserve data when crashes occur!)
-Generation Completion Time Estimate
-Ability to launch from a shortcut with a command line argument determining the number of generations to run.

How to launch with a Command Line Argument:
1. Right Click on RNG.exe
2. Click "Create Shortcut" (a file named "RNG.exe - Shortcut" will appear)
3. Right Click the shortcut file.
4. Click Properties.
5. in the "Target" box it will say something like: "C:\PATH\TO\RNG.exe" (the file path!)
6. AFTER the last " (speech mark) paste: "-n=10000" (with no speech marks!)
7. Change 10000 to whatever you want it to be :)
8. Now Launch RNG from that shortcut and it will instantly generate your specified number of generations :D
I will when i finish LoL,
thanks. I need you to have a go anyway. In debug the app runs absolutely fine. But it seems that the release App crashes when its in the background. EG: If its in focus it works fine, but as soon as you focus on another windows it crashes... strange......

EDIT: Fixed Big Grin
So is it updated?
yes Smile

I added some stats to the OP Toungue
I have released v1.3 Smile
Bug when you try to run without entering a number.
Needs .NET framework 4 which I cannot bother to install.
Tommy try it in Ubuntu for me (with mono) if it works i'll run it all night for yea xD
Hell, I'll give it half my cores and let it go for days. I can survive with 2 cores for almost all of my games.
(2010-12-19, 08:41 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Bug when you try to run without entering a number.

Fixed Smile

(2010-12-19, 10:14 PM)Lee Merriman Wrote: [ -> ]Hell, I'll give it half my cores and let it go for days. I can survive with 2 cores for almost all of my games.
Why thank you Big Grin

(2010-12-19, 09:57 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Tommy try it in Ubuntu for me (with mono) if it works i'll run it all night for yea xD

Well, I honestly dont know how to use mono XD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7