MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Manual Upgrade to 1.6.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-12-19, 06:16 PM)svcghost Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I guess I should have rephrased my question. I simply was wondering if there is a list of all the bugs and fixes. Not necessarily where they all were and exactly what they were. I guess I didn't realize how much is actually changed in each new version.

Right, that makes a bit more sense. We usually list all the fixed bugs in the announcement and link to the ticket on the dev site, not sure why this was missed out of this one.

If you go to http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/issues you can search for issues where the target version was 1.6.1, that should be everything that was fixed.
Quote:MyBB 1.6.0 to MyBB 1.6.1 Full Upgrade

When upgrading from 1.6.0, you will not lose any custom themes, plugins or language packs which you may have installed.

Follow the general [Wiki: Upgrading] guide outlined on the MyBB Wiki to complete the upgrade process. You may download a ZIP archive of changed files here:

changed_files_1601.zip

Please download the attached ZIP archive and replace the files in your forum directory with those from the ZIP archive.

This update does require running the upgrader.
There are database schema, language string, or template changes in this version.

Do I need to run a full upgrade from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 or is it enough to upload new files?
Yes, you need to run the upgrade script, what is why the blog post specifically says it is necessary...
Come on boy! Delete "lock" file on "forumroot\install" directory and upgrade your forum.

Believe me, it's easy Confused
(2010-12-19, 07:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-19, 06:16 PM)svcghost Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I guess I should have rephrased my question. I simply was wondering if there is a list of all the bugs and fixes. Not necessarily where they all were and exactly what they were. I guess I didn't realize how much is actually changed in each new version.

Right, that makes a bit more sense. We usually list all the fixed bugs in the announcement and link to the ticket on the dev site, not sure why this was missed out of this one.

If you go to http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/issues you can search for issues where the target version was 1.6.1, that should be everything that was fixed.

Thank you Matt Smile
Pages: 1 2 3