MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: On/Off images necessary?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't think I've ever seen a forum without them before =/ But are they a necessity?
For me, no. For my users, yes.
I just view new posts.
Some VB4 themes dont' have them anymore.
You Don't need theme i mean if you don't like them then just make something noticeable like if there is a new post the trow text goes bold or something.
I like them, allows you to check for new posts at a glance. Also helps to break up the text a bit.
Depends on the forum software. They're useless in SMF because the light goes out as soon as you enter the board, regardless of weather you read any topics or not.
I like them, for some weird reason I don't click on the "view new posts" link Toungue
Photoshop bliss only uses a new button on the right, there alright.
Its useful IMO if you've to know about the new posts at glance. Plus you can "Mark" that specific forum as "Read".
(2010-12-19, 02:59 PM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]Photoshop bliss only uses a new button on the right, there alright.

I love the idea but I think, personally, it's a bit plain without the extra graphical indicator. imo it would work better on a more text-focused theme. Just personal preference.
Pages: 1 2