MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cleanup calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to cleanup the calendar by removing all the old entry's from the past. Is it possible to do this with an easier methode than removing them one-by-one by clicking the red cross below each entry?

In the SQL-database I cannot find the entries.......

Thanks again,

Ger
Run this query:

DELETE FROM `mybb_events` WHERE `dateline` <= 'X';

Replace X with the timestamp of the time you want to cut off from; i.e. if you want to delete all events older than a month, you'd put in the timestamp of a moth ago. Generate the timestamp you want here: http://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php
Thanks Matt,

But where do I run the query you mentioned?

Ger
In phpMyAdmin. Choose you database from the list on the left, then click the SQL tab along the top.
Matt, you're great (but you knew that allready I guess Big Grin )

Thanks again!

Ger
Can I remove old privatemessages the same way?
Lets say, in the case of PM's older than 01 jan 2011 it would be:
DELETE FROM `mybb_privatemessages` WHERE `dateline` <= '1293861601';

Is this the correct way to do so?

Ger
That'll clear them all out but the counts of total PMs in the header won't be recounted... do you want a query to fix that count or is that OK to ;eave as it is? The counts will sort themselves out eventually I think.
(2012-12-25, 07:39 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That'll clear them all out but the counts of total PMs in the header won't be recounted... do you want a query to fix that count or is that OK to ;eave as it is? The counts will sort themselves out eventually I think.

Yes please, if you have a query to fix the counts that would be great.
Is it possible to give me that query or tell me where I can find it Matt?

Thanks in advance,

Ger