MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plz help in upgrade i am doing first time on MYBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Team,
Please help me as i am upgrading first time my mybb ( earlier i was using phpbb3)

i have my bb 1.6 running..... and have done few edits templates (default templates) and some 7-8 plugins

so what should i do...
1. download full package again, replace files and run upgrade

or

2. download changed file...
Quote:MyBB 1.6.0 to MyBB 1.6.1 Full Upgrade
When upgrading from 1.6.0, you will not lose any custom themes, plugins or language packs which you may have installed.

Follow the general [Wiki: Upgrading] guide outlined on the MyBB Wiki to complete the upgrade process. You may download a ZIP archive of changed files here:

changed_files_1601.zip

Please download the attached ZIP archive and replace the files in your forum directory with those from the ZIP archive.

This update does require running the upgrader.
There are database schema, language string, or template changes in this version.

You must then check for modified templates using the instructions below.

Theme and template changes
Using the “Find Updated” link under the “Templates” page in the Admin CP you can find a list of the templates that have changed in this release that you’ve got one or more custom copies of.

After identifying changed templates using the tool you can either revert your custom template to the default (delete it) or use the “diff” tool to perform a difference analysis on your custom template and the default.

“Revert required” indicates that for this template to work correctly with MyBB 1.6.1 you’ll either need to revert it to the default or modify your custom template to include the changes in the default. If a revert is not required your custom version of the template should work perfectly fine.

I am not understanding how to upgrade and run upgrader with changed files.... please help
Upload new files - overwriting old ones.
Run the upgrader by going to /install and once finished, delete the install directory.

After that, go to ACP -> Themes & Templates -> Find Updated Templates and revert them - in case you've done some edits to those templates, you'll need to do them again.
also i have renamed my admin directory so do i need to change the directory name in upload files ... or i have to rename my already changed directory to admin
It'd probably be easiest to rename it in the changed files package and then upload everything as normal.
(2010-12-19, 12:58 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Upload new files - overwriting old ones.
Run the upgrader by going to /install and once finished, delete the install directory.

After that, go to ACP -> Themes & Templates -> Find Updated Templates and revert them - in case you've done some edits to those templates, you'll need to do them again.

You don't need to upload the following two files;
1. ./inc/settings.php
2. ./inc/config.php

Yopu've to upload them later "after" upgrade.
config.php isn't even in the download, and if you upload the empty settings.php from the full download, it'll just get refilled with the settings when you load a page.
(2010-12-19, 04:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]it'll just get refilled with the settings when you load a page.

But it would have re-filled "if" it has right permissions.
Which it would do, as it would have been set to 666 previously.
done the upgrade successfully, only thing my global css got disturbed as those changes didn't reverted.....trying to get it back
(2010-12-19, 03:59 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-19, 12:58 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Upload new files - overwriting old ones.

You don't need to upload the following two files;
1. ./inc/settings.php
2. ./inc/config.php

Yopu've to upload them later "after" upgrade.

They do not even come with the changed files package - which is what he's talking about in the first post.