MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with permissions [please help soon as possible]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have a question,

The group "guest" they have not the permissions to view things on my forum, everything is blockt.

I have made a new group called "bots" and I have set at al the bots the new group.

But now I have problems with the "bots" and "Guest" group.
both groups have no permissions to view the forum and all the permissions are set correct (have dubble check the permissions)

But now on the "Who is online" list I see that guests and bots are viewing forums and topics.
But this is not possible because all the permissions are set correct, but still the viewing the forums and topics.

If I go offline and tryed to get in a forum as a guest I reseave the message "You have not the permissions to view this topic or forum".

But I see that guests and bots viewing the board and topics.

Can annyone explane wat is here the problem and how to fix this ??

Thanks!
They won't actually be seeing the content, they'll be seeing an error. If you can't see it as a guest, other people won't be able to either.
(2010-12-19, 05:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]They won't actually be seeing the content, they'll be seeing an error. If you can't see it as a guest, other people won't be able to either.

Ok but in the past I saw on the Who Is Online list, by guest:

Viewing a page without permissions, or view forbidden page.
So I know that they not see the pages, but now the topic or forum name is visible.

So how can it be that in the past I see that guest not can view the page and now the page name is visible.

And if I be on the forum, I see

membername, membername, guest is viewing the topic

And in the past ony the members showing up as viewing the topic or forum.

So how can you explane this ??
I think there's a bug somewhere with the locations, it shows people in places they're not, usually if someone is reading a thread, other people will show up as reading it too, even if they're not. Never figured out why though.
(2010-12-19, 07:52 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's a bug somewhere with the locations, it shows people in places they're not, usually if someone is reading a thread, other people will show up as reading it too, even if they're not. Never figured out why though.

Ok, but is there a sollution yet for fix this bugg ??
As I just said, we don't know why it happens, so no, there's no fix for it.
Oke, but if you say that the not can be view the topics and forums i'm happy
But it's strange, I have thinking wat you say....

I the past everything works great, If some guests or bots where viewing a forum that the have no permission to view, I saw in the Who Is Online list.

Guest viewing page access denied

And now I see that he is reading a forum or topic, so I think its not a bugg, because its works in the past (couple of days ago)

And If I set a back-up back the problem is still there.
someone ????
Can someone help me please i'm waiting
Nobody with a sollution ??
(2010-12-19, 11:35 PM)Saboteur Wrote: [ -> ]I the past everything works great, If some guests or bots where viewing a forum that the have no permission to view, I saw in the Who Is Online list.

Guest viewing page access denied

There is no such location in MyBB with this string. It would be 'Guest - Viewing No Permissions' page. Have you made any customizations (especially to the language packs) or added any plugins that could provide this?

I believe the issues Matt mentioned are with the sessions table. That's about as far as I've narrowed it down to, but as of yet, there is still no fix for it.
Pages: 1 2