MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Page refresh issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Wordpress installation in my website root directory that serves as my main website. I've currently got a phpBB3 install for my forum but it's been a headache get mods to install correctly so I decided to check out MyBB instead.

I uploaded the files to a separate directory inside the root of the site. I created a new SQL database and ran the installation with complete success. However, now I'm having major issues with pages refreshing correctly. For example, I can go to Forum management and create a new forum. Once I save the changes I'm taken back to the forum management screen and the new forum does NOT appear. I can Shift+Refresh and it appears. So the forum is being created but is not showing without a refresh. At this point I can navigate away from the management page to another ACP page for example. Then when I click back to forum management the new forum is once again missing. Again, a refresh makes it show up again.

I thought this was on a few pages that might have issues but the more I looked through the ACP and the forum itself, it seems to be a problem with the entire installation. I've removed the forum completely and used Hostgator's Quick Install to install it instead with the same issues. The only thing I can think is that maybe my Wordpress Cache plugin is causing an issues with it, though it seems to have no effect on phpBB at all. Any insight is appreciated. I currently do not have an active installation of MyBB but I can set it back up again in a few minutes if anyone wants to look at the configuration.

Thanks
Tried in any other browsers?? Just sounds like something other than MyBB is caching the pages a bit too much.
I've tried in Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and IE. Firefox is my main browser. I have W3 Total Cache setup for Wordpress.
Can you not try just disabling the caching thing you have for WordPress...?? If a hard refresh shows it, it's just a caching problem.
Thanks for the input. I'll have to reinstall and try without caching. If that works I guess I'll have to figure out how to exclude the directory from the Cache Plugin.