MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Topic posted when warning given.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like a plugin made where once a user is warned, a topic will automatically be made in the staff room with:

Username
Time of Warning
Staff Who Gave Warning
Reason For Warning
When Warning Expires

Anyway think they can do this?
why not just direct your staff to view the Warning Log in the ModCP? That has everything you requested. If you then need more info/discussion, start a new thread manually.
(2010-12-20, 05:34 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]why not just direct your staff to view the Warning Log in the ModCP? That has everything you requested. If you then need more info/discussion, start a new thread manually.

The forum this will be for will have a massive staff team with moderation actions being performed every minute. That's why I need this.
I just don't understand the need for a new thread for warnings, when there is a specific warning log in the ModCP that contains all the information you asked for.

Such a plugin is possible and should be fairly easy to create, I just do not understand the need for the additional overhead and database use to duplicate something that already exits.
It's basically so it's easier to access and discussions about the warning can be made. Easier than making a topic each time a warning is issued.
(2010-12-20, 05:59 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-20, 05:34 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]why not just direct your staff to view the Warning Log in the ModCP? That has everything you requested. If you then need more info/discussion, start a new thread manually.

The forum this will be for will have a massive staff team with moderation actions being performed every minute. That's why I need this.

I don't know, that would seem to me exactly why you don't need it. In the end it seems to me it would be useless chaff. If your staff has time to read the threads, yes 100's threads this will create; then they have time to read the Mods log, which is a single shot for all the actions instead of actions on one user.

That being said, if you really want it then I'm sure someone will be able to do it Wink
(2010-12-20, 06:09 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]It's basically so it's easier to access and discussions about the warning can be made. Easier than making a topic each time a warning is issued.

You don't need a topic for every warning. Only those that need discussed. That's where pavemen and I are coming from.
(2010-12-20, 06:17 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-20, 06:09 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]It's basically so it's easier to access and discussions about the warning can be made. Easier than making a topic each time a warning is issued.

You don't need a topic for every warning. Only those that need discussed. That's where pavemen and I are coming from.

But I want one. Toungue
(2010-12-20, 06:21 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-20, 06:17 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]

But I want one. Toungue

I get that Wink
Which is why I said I'm sure it can be done. I just don't know if anyone will want to spend their time on it. You may not get any responses unless you offer to pay for it to be done. If you do that, don't let them rip you off though. This isn't that difficult to do, so best of luck to you and hopefully someone will prove me wrong and write it for you. I just wanted you to be aware of why you may not get any positive response to this.
I will offer some money for someone to do it for me in the New Year. I don't expect to get ripped off at all. I know how easy it is for someone who knows what they're doing, I just don't know what I'm doing. Toungue