MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 406 on template save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On most of the templates I edit I receive a 406 Not Acceptable error. (I would list the templates that give/don't give the error but there's just too many) I'm pretty sure it's not my host but I'm not 100%. They've implemented BS security measures before, but I'm asking here first since their support is as slow as a rock.

If a support technician (or dev, w/e) wants a test account just PM me and I'll hook you up. Thanks.
I don't have time to investigate this right now as I'm at my in-laws for the Holidays... however I thought I'd send you a useful link Smile
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E406.html
When I first experienced the problem I used Firefox, after reading that I tried Chrome and the same error occurs.
(2010-12-20, 06:13 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]When I first experienced the problem I used Firefox, after reading that I tried Chrome and the same error occurs.

Then quite likely it is your host, though other Staff members may be able to shed more light on it.
Thanks, could you assign this to someone for me?
Sorry, that isn't part of my responsibilities. Matt or AJS will likely either answer you or assign this thread soon. Don't worry, they'll see it. Smile

And I should be back tomorrow with more time to look into this if it still isn't answered. Good luck!
Thanks for your help then.
It's got to be your host. Another of their "BS security measures" probably. Toungue
(2010-12-20, 07:26 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]It's got to be your host. Another of their "BS security measures" probably. Toungue

I am now 90% sure it is. Same thing is happening when I try to insert certain HTML in forum descriptions. Angry
(2010-12-20, 07:39 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-20, 07:26 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]It's got to be your host. Another of their "BS security measures" probably. Toungue

I am now 90% sure it is. Same thing is happening when I try to insert certain HTML in forum descriptions. Angry

Time to get some decent hosting?
Pages: 1 2