MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums are hard work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't run a forum. I've had previous knowledge and run a big forum before, but it's too hard getting them off the ground. Just too much work... Sad

I need an already established forum. http://community.mybb.com/thread-84499.html - Please check this thread if you have an established forum which you need some extra help with.

I am stopping my forum. I will still be around here to offer support to you all though, and I'll keep my test sites. Smile

It's just too much work setting one up. I could do a good job if my old forum didn't get shut down by gay hosts. Oh well.. Toungue

/rant
No one said it was going to be easy. And, I am not sure anyone will hire you because you think forums are hard work.
(2010-12-20, 07:44 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]No one said it was going to be easy. And, I am not sure anyone will hire you because you think forums are hard work.

Getting them there is hard work. I'm currently staff on one forum with 563,000 posts, that isn't taking a lot of time. Getting them out there and active is hard work. I'm more on the administration/posting side of things.
I don't understand. So you should just be able to reap the rewards after they get the ground work done?

Of course it's easy once it's a popular site because there eventually becomes a time where a lot of the work of getting in the site out there and adding content is done by the members. Then if you don't have to worry about managing the server or costs it's even easier as moderating shouldn't be to bad as long as there is a clear set of rules and members who report things.
Lol honestly. If I had a partner to help with advertising then sure, I'd do some. Setting up a forum, managing it, getting out there with new members etc is a hard thing to do on your own.
The point of a forum is the journey. You make it, then push it to the top. Once there, you get an amazing sense of accomplishment. Smile
(2010-12-20, 08:16 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]The point of a forum is the journey. You make it, then push it to the top. Once there, you get an amazing sense of accomplishment. Smile

I owned a forum with 210k posts before. I loved running it so much. Was gutted when the hosting company went down with no backups offered. Sad
Oh that stinks. Too bad your specifications aren't sl tough I have a decent forum I could use an admin on.
(2010-12-20, 08:26 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Oh that stinks. Too bad your specifications aren't sl tough I have a decent forum I could use an admin on.

PM me. I can negotiate for a non-retarded member. I mainly put the requirements there so I didn't get PM's like, "OMG i have a forum its got 314 posts and 37 users im so proud its ftw wanna help???!?!??!?!!!!" lol.
Your other thread is enough, no need to cross post it in other sections Wink