MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bugs with the groups permissions bars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing a little problem that is bit annoying & I think it's JavaScript based. Well, under forums management in ACP, you have those two categories which are the forum permissions depending on usergroups. And the very very quick & easy sliding way of changing the permissions is awesome. But this is what isn't working with me.

When I move the bars representing the different permissions, they "block". For instance I move it from allowed to disallowed and it stays in the middle. I then can't move any other.

The very first time I thought it was my browser, so I try another one and it did the same thing (results were the same with Opera, Firefox & Chrome). So I then thought it was a JavaScript that wasn't uploaded correctly or was corrupted. So I re-uploaded the whole js folder. Same thing. I even did the 1.6.1 update, and I'm still having this problem.

I really don't know what's causing it, because this morning it worked just as it should, but when I tried to do it again for another category it wasn't working anymore.

Thanks for your time.
PM me admin login details and I'll see if it works for me.
Sent you credentials.

Thanks for your time.

Let me know what you think is wrong when ever you have an idea.
No news after you visited my forums. Anything new ?
This happens to many people, mainly people using IE, but it also happens with Opera, but it should work with Chrome. Would you be able to check if it works on another PC? Chrome should work, but if it doesn't, then it may be something wrong with your PC.
This used to happen to me, but it seems with Opera 11 build 1156 it works fine, I tried doing random stuff like alt and arrow keys, right click.
Sorry, I could have sworn I replied to this thread Undecided

It worked fine for me in Chrome.
(2010-12-22, 03:23 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]This happens to many people, mainly people using IE, but it also happens with Opera, but Chrome is normally one of the solutions. Would you be able to check if it works on another PC? Chrome should work, but if it doesn't, then it may be something wrong with your PC.

Telling people to use Chrome should not be a solution.
If it doesn't even work in Chrome for you, right click somewhere on the page, choose Inspect Element, then choose the Console tab from along the top... try and drag it again, and if it gets stuck, click back to the Console log, are there any errors listed??
(2010-12-22, 10:19 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-22, 03:23 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]This happens to many people, mainly people using IE, but it also happens with Opera, but Chrome is normally one of the solutions. Would you be able to check if it works on another PC? Chrome should work, but if it doesn't, then it may be something wrong with your PC.

Telling people to use Chrome should not be a solution.

I probably should have said solution; it's more of a temporary fix for the issue, until it works properly with other browsers.
Pages: 1 2