MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL Error during Table Creation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a screenshot of the error I got when installing. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Your sql create command is wrong. You should have to put ) before ;
MySQL 5.5 is quite new, don't tell me they've changed the syntax for this... the query is fine, is there any way you can use a slightly older MySQL version and see if it works then??
Instead of TYPE, shouldn't it be ENGINE?

AFAIK this changed since MySQL 5.1
(2010-12-21, 01:05 AM)DemonRedWolf Wrote: [ -> ]This is a screenshot of the error I got when installing. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Yes! In the MyBB /Upload/Install folder, Search for all instances (in all .php files) of the string 'TYPE=MyISAM' and Replace with 'ENGINE=INNODB'. Afterward, the install routine runs successfully and everything works OK (so far, so good...). Cool

FYI--I found the following in the MySQL 5.5 ref manual:
'The older [MySQL] TYPE option was synonymous with ENGINE. TYPE was deprecated in MySQL 4.0 and removed in MySQL 5.5. When upgrading to MySQL 5.5 or later, you must convert existing applications that rely on TYPE to use ENGINE instead.'

(2010-12-21, 02:36 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Your sql create command is wrong. You should have to put ) before ;

@Yaldaram, I think you spoke too soon. It appears that the only thing wrong with the query in this case is that the keyword 'TYPE' is no longer valid (as of MySQL 5.5). You have to use 'ENGINE' instead.
Indeed, apart from the ENGINE issue, the syntax is OK.
Also, the fix by dawkcodave should work.