MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyDevel:Generate Support.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-79913.html

For some reason I can only make 100 users using this. Just wondering if someone can take a look at the plugin code and try and edit it to see if you can make it allow you to create more than 100?

I've looked, but can't see even where it's limiting me to 100 users... Undecided
Why are you making 100+ "fake" users who have nothing to do at all to your forum ? :s
You get timed out if the query takes too long.
(2010-12-21, 02:28 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you making 100+ "fake" users who have nothing to do at all to your forum ? :s

I'm testing something private. You really don't need to question everything people post on these forums.

Solidus Wrote:You get timed out if the query takes too long.

Correct, but that's not what I'm asking. The first time I created 100 users with no problem, now it won't let me create anymore, not even one more. So it's nothing to do with how long the query is taking.
I know this is old, but did anyone check this out?
Yes, that's a known issue. My apologies for this.
The main purpose for the MyDevel: Generate plugin is to generate content for development purposes. I didn't know that some would need 100+ users for this.

The reason is that there aren't enough words in the dictionary to generate unique usernames. It picks a random word out of the dictionary, then checks if the username already exists, if it is it picks another random word and checks again. If there are like 150 words in the dictionary it's getting hard to randomly get a username that isn't used already. PHP stops on max_execution_time.

Anyway, for people who like to add multiple dictionaries to the system will be able to do that in the next release.
Thanks for your reply. It will be good to add my own dictionaries, it means more users. I'm trying to test out what my VPS can handle, so I'm putting as much data on it as I can until it breaks. Thanks.
(2011-01-04, 10:58 AM)UndiscoveredTalent Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your reply. It will be good to add my own dictionaries, it means more users. I'm trying to test out what my VPS can handle, so I'm putting as much data on it as I can until it breaks. Thanks.

I think entering data isn't a good performance benchmark as the most important bottleneck in webhosting is the amount of visitors it can handle at once. I have a project running on a VPS with 30.743.769 records in one table on it and it's still running stable. Of course those records will not be loaded at once but MyBB also uses pagination to minimize the amount of data that is being sent during one request.
I know what you're saying. But what I'm trying to find out is how much data I can actually get into the mybb_posts table and the mybb_users table before it falls apart.