MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Noob having forum management problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
I used to be a PHPBB user, but have found myBB and its amazing! i can't see myself going back!

anyway, i'm having a problem adding a moderation group in the "forum Management" section. i add my group (moderators) in the Usergroup section, as i type it the forum finds this group but when i click on the "add" button i keep getting the error - "The specified username/group was not found." i can add individual users fine, but not groups!

as i'm still finding my way around the software it may be a setting somewhere i've turned off! Confused

Thanks
Big Grin
Are you adding "correct" name of that group ? e.g. If you are going to make Super Moderators for moderation, then you should have to write complete name like "Super Moderators" and not "Super Moderator". Its case sensitive.
yep, I've even gone to the group in the users and groups section and copied the group name, then pasted it in the user group field, exactly the same issue. i've double checked there are no spaces either side of the text i've pasted too!
It seems to want something like this:

Registered (Usergroup 2)

Which is stupid, and I don't think it always did that either. I'll investigate.
(2010-12-21, 11:57 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to want something like this:

Registered (Usergroup 2)

Which is stupid, and I don't think it always did that either. I'll investigate.

Perfect! thanks very much Big Grin

it was prompting me with Moderators ( 6), so i added Usergroup in the brackets and it worked.

Thanks again Big Grin