MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: show threads in moderated forum, display notice, warning message to user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed that
when we set a forum as "thread moderation and post moderation" needed and when a user posts in that forum, he will not be notified with any message that his posted thread/message needs moderation and also he will not be able to see his threads in that forum, unless they are approved.

how can we display a message for the users to notify them that there posted threads/messages need some approval until they appear, like
Hello {username}, Your thread(if he posts a new thread) post(if he makes a post) has been queued for staff approval. Your thread/post will not appear in the forums until they are approved.

for 15-20 seconds to make them read the notice.
Option to send a notification pm to them, if there thread/post is approved.
Ability for them to check their threads/posts after posting, even they arent approved. Must be visible only them because, they will know what they had posted.

A warning message on top of index page for staff about the number of unapproved posts/threads.

Are the above things can be achieved?
This is already a default setting.

ACP > Forums and Management > Select Forum > and check Threads needs approval in "Moderation Options".

If you have dis-abled "friendly redirection" pages, then enable it. Users will see the "moderation message" once after they created post / threads in "redirection".
i know how to set a forum for moderation. but i want to display the threads/posts the user makes, though they arent approved. because he made them, so he must be able to see them.

regarding warning message to user, you said to activate the friendly directions, but its annoying to activate it globally as users need to wait for some time for each action. so, i want the warning message(15-20seconds) displayed for users right after they post.

a notice to staff on index page about the no of posts/threads needs moderation.

a message/pm to user if their thread/post is approved or denied.

You have XThreads I think 1master1? See how RateU made a forum dependent redirection page in this set up

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=378

If you make a template for it with the prefix as you like, you can apply JUST that redirection template to the forums with that prefix. If there are no global templates set other than the redirection then you will use all other templates as in the theme template settings.

Regarding setting up the redirection glabally, why not put an ad for things in your forum on that page?
ok, lee. i will try that for the redirection message to users.
regarding redirection globally, i hate to put ads and annoy users. i dont mind annoying the guests. Wink
can we display the mod cp, threads/posts needed moderation number on index page for staff?