MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Word Filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I set it so that it does not apply to a certain user?

I've got the word lime on my list and anything that has the letters lime in it are cencored how do I set it so the only that is changed is lime?

Thanks...
You cannot set it for a certain user, or make it so it doesn't apply to a certain user.

To make it filter whole words, enter a space after the word, then a space after your replacement then add a new replacement with a space before the word, and a space before the replacement.

Thay way it should catch "and i said he was an lime." as well as "indeed an lime he is".
Can I make a moderator be able to ban people and view notes?
You could give the moderators access to the Admin CP, and then make it so they can only access that part of the Admin CP (in the Admin Permissions).
One of my suggestions was to make a Moderator CP which is kind of like an Admin Panel with less features. I managed to do this somewhat by copying parts of the Admin CP and removing some links on the left side and changing the verification from [cancp] to [issupermod]. I haven't tried this for normal moderators though.

The only problem is to get the ModCP link to show up on the top bar :-S I haven't figured that out yet.
You can add the link to the "toplinks" templates. Smile
I know this is kind of off topic now, but I added a new template toplinks_mod and I change the block of code that you told me in the other thread so that it does an elseif issupermod, etc.

Should I try releasing this in the Code Mods forum?
That's completely upto you. Wink
A moderator control panel is coming, it will allow moderators to place temporary bans over users, edit parts of their profile, manage announcements in forums they moderate and some other things. Please head on over to the thread about the Moderator CP in the suggestions forum if you have other additions you would like.

Chris.