MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member resetting password is cumbersome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just did a password reset as a member and I find it to be cumbersome. You first click 'lost password' and enter your email address - no problem there. But then I waited 15 minutes before receiving a new 'activation code' link. When I click the Activation Code link, then I'm told that a new password will be emailed to me (which was 15 minutes ago and I still havent received it yet). Is there a way to skip the Activation Code step and just email the member a link to change the password? This (I believe) is how most website's 'lost password' function works. Also, I think that the message given to the member ('You will receive a new password by email') needs be to more prominent (red text maybe)... where is the exact place for me to make that change? I'd like to make ALL error messages red text, like this one also:
"You have entered an invalid username/password combination. "

Thx!
MyBB doesn't wait 15 minutes to send it, if it's taking that long you'll need to ask your host why it's taking so long.

The point of the system is that, during the actual reset process, you don't choose what it's reset to, you get sent a totally random new password, which you can then change afterwards if you want, and for it to work like that, it needs to send you a confirmation email before it actually resets it, otherwise you could keep resetting people's passwords. If you'd want them to just go straight to entering a new password, you'd need to request a plugin to change the functionality.
(2010-12-21, 05:18 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]....otherwise you could keep resetting people's passwords.
Ah.... nice. I didnt think of that. Ok, so where do I go to change the font color of messages like:
- Your new password is being emailed to you
- You have entered an invalid username/password
- etc etc