MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unwanted rederiction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ok so I just switcher servers onto a WAMP server. I finally merged my forums but now there are some problems.

1. The number of posts and topic stay the same even though there are over 500 posts.

2. When I log in it just redirects me to the login page as a guest.

3. If I click on the logo or members list it goes to the link of the forum before I moved it. How do I change the links.

Thanks
1. Rebuild the stats cache in the Tools & Maintenance section of the ACP.

2 and 3. You've not updated your settings, what's your URL??
Well thats the thing. I can't get into my ACP becasue it won't let me log in. And I updated my mysql settings but what other settings do I need to change, and where are they? And I don't know my url. It always says http://localhost/TeForum so how do I get a url to show you?
Well, that is the URL. You'll need to edit the settings in ./inc/settings.php first, and then do it again in the ACP afterwards.
I did but the only settings I saw were mysql which I edited. And I can't log in so I can't get to my ACP.
Well I edited the config.php and its telling me not to edit the settings.php
Why are you editing config.php?? Nobody said for you to edit that ...

You only edit settings.php when you have URL issues, just ignore the warning.
Ok but what part do I edit? Its really confusing me. And thanks for the reply. I edited the config.php for the sql info.
You edit $settings['bburl'], $settings['cookiedomain'] and $settings['cookiepath']
Thanks so much. I have been forgetting to give you +rep. You deserve like five of them.
Big Grin
Don't forget to mark my post as best answer as well as marking your thread as solved Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5