MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MCP Permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using Mybb for month's and it has worked fine. But recently I created a 'Support Leader' group, I gave it the same permissions as a S.Mod, added a few forums, etc.

I then added it to staff as a additional group (Main group also has MCP, both groups basically have the same permissions except the support leader can view more forums) but now he can't access the MCP and i checked both groups do have MCP but can't access it. I tried on a test forum and it worked fine, so i have NO clue what is wrong with the files I'm using.

Also, since this seems like the best place to tell you, It seems global.php was changed from 1.6 to 1.6.1 BUT it wasn't placed in the changed file zip and it wasn't added to the changed file list on the blog post, and I checked the full zip of 1.6.1 does include the updated global.php
I assume it's the standard no permissions error page, yeah?? When you remove them from the group you just added them to, do they have access again...?? The way the permissions system works, as long as they're in one group that has access, it doesn't matter if they're in groups that don't have access, they'll still have access as long as one group has access.

Run the File Verification tool in the ACP, does it say any files have been changed?? If not, and you've got at least one of their groups with Mod CP access, what plugins do you have??

As for the global.php issue, it's a minor change and shouldn't cause any problems, but I've brought it up in the staff forums.
Yea, It's a standard no permission error page. When i remove the group I just added it still keeps the error. Also, I just heard another staff (In the same main group) is having the problem and he want never placed in the support leader group.

I ran that only thing is the images (we wrote over the image files lol) and the original hello.php mod.

Plugins:
Admins can log into Users' accounts (1.1) Activated
Affiliates Manager Activated
Akismet (1.2.1) Uninstalled
Advanced MyCode Permissions (1.1) Activated
Construction Mode (1.0) Disabled
Contact Form (3.1) Activated
Inline Google Translation (1.0) Uninstalled
HTML Permissions (2.0) Activated
Multiple Account Detector (M.A.D) (1.0) Disabled
MyIPN (2.2) Uninstalled
MyNetwork (1.0.0) Installed
MyShoutbox (1.4) Deactivated
MySupport (0.4) Installed
NewPoints (1.7) Installed
Private Messages Admin (2.4.3) Activated
Post Counter (1.0) Activated
ProStats (1.7.6) Uninstalled
Repeat Report (1.0) Activated
Report PM (1.0) Activated
Settings Cleaner (2.0) Activated
Stop forum spam (1.0) Installed
Username History w/ Time Restriction (2.0) Activated
Username Style (1.0.4) Activated
View Groups (1.3) Activated
VIP Membership (1.2) Activated
Not sure if this is related, but did you add the group as moderator for a specific forum? I found a bug a while ago on one of my forums that if you add 2 or more groups as moderator to a forum, then assign a user to both groups, the permissions for the additional group get ignored. If you only set them as super mod, ignore me. Toungue
Nope. Both are super mod. The permission system just hates me eh? Toungue
Try this, in ./inc/init.php, after:

define("TIME_NOW", time());

add:

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

This will stop plugins being loaded at run time, see if it still happens after doing this.
Um, Yea that works fine. After doing that, I checked what mods were ran in the MCP, and I disabled your mod "MySupport" and it worked fine. Seems like it has a problem with groups having MCP access. I even just installed it on a blank Mybb forum and right when enabling it stopped anyone without ACP access but with MCP access be denied access to the MCP. I added administrator as an additional group and I got in fine to the MCP, removed administrator and it denied access to the MCP. (I can send you login to the test mybb and you can see what I'm talking about)

(Also I think your mod is the only one that touches the MCP, I think)
Bah!! I see the bug. How did I miss this. Go to ACP > Configuration > MySupport (left hand side menu) > Support Denial > check the 'Who can manage support denial??' option, it sounds like you've given admins the ability to manage support denial, but not other groups. I've put the permission check in the wrong place.

As a quick fix, in ./inc/plugins/mysupport.php, line 2884:

if(!mysupport_usergroup("canmanagesupportdenial"))

change this to:

if(!mysupport_usergroup("canmanagesupportdenial") && $mybb->input['action'] == "supportdenial")

Sorry about that!! Blush
Yep that worked. Thanks!

(Oh by the way, I haven't tried on a test mybb Just did, It shows if another user got denied support to regular members to, But here I can see if someone got denied support (In their posts)
Yeah, it's designed to show to all users.