MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gremlins Deleting Members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK I've no clue what's going on but in two of my boards members are going missing.

I do NOT have the user pruning on.
I DO have Jesse's prune users plugin in there BUT that plugin is NOT an auto prune plugin and I would have to prune manually. I have never used it since upgrading to 1.6.

This happened sometime between 11/19 and yesterday. Sorry, this is the best I can narrow it down.

Members who have been deleted have their posts still intact on the board, but their account is deleted.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?
I've no clue what's going on.

I have Dylan in my databases now trying to recover these lost members and it's not an easy job.

He has no clue what could have caused this.
I did not have any server side database issues AT ALL in the last year or more.

I want to add that the span of this mass deletion is from user ID #4 all the way to recently registered members. ALL of which have posted and are/were active members.
have you checked whether there are some auto prune members tasks?
Yes. There are no auto prune settings on either board. It wouldn't matter if they were. IF I set the auto prune feature (only then it should run in the tasks, right?) it would be to delete ZERO posters. NO old members from 3 years ago (uid #4) or members with a post count would have been deleted.

Right?

Have you checked the administrator logs?
Yes. I am the only administrator and no users were pruned.
I was able to restore most of Goggalor's missing members from a db backup. However I found nothing that should have caused this.

When Gogg says:
Quote:I want to add that the span of this mass deletion is from user ID #4 all the way to recently registered members. ALL of which have posted and are/were active members.

That is non-inclusive. It wasn't all users between uid 4 and the latest. It was random. Sometimes only one, sometimes 3 in a row.