MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vB 4 to MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried searching around and had no luck. How can I do this?
You need the MyBB Merge System.

Download
Documentation
I found out that MyBB merge system had phpbb 3 as an option, and I also found a vb4 to phpbb3 converter. So I will try going from vb4 > phpbb3 > MyBB 1.6.

Will tell you the outcome of this.
(2010-12-21, 09:59 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You need the MyBB Merge System.

Download
Documentation

MyBB Merge System doesn't directly support vb 4.0 does it?
watch this tut: http://mybbvn.com/forum/thread-1516.html
use google page translator.
(2010-12-21, 10:27 PM)Dark Byte Wrote: [ -> ]watch this tut: http://mybbvn.com/forum/thread-1516.html
use google page translator.

Thanks, I will take a look.
Not yet it doesn't, I forgot that I haven't updated the wiki about the vB4 module beta. On January 6th I will be releasing the beta of the vB4 module. If you would like to allow use of your vB4 forum as a test case I would perform merges for you, fix any issues you see, re-merge, etc... and once it is finished you would be able to merge and be done with the best support possible. You can contact MaFeSa, he did one of these with me in the past, for SMF 2. His testing assistance was of great importance.

Thanks. PM me if you're interested and we can discuss what it involves. I'll update the Wiki with this tomorrow.
Just use the vB 3.8 module Toungue I went from vB 4 to MyBB 1.6 withno problems at all - I only lost the couple of attachments I had and all the AME embedded videos.
(2010-12-22, 08:04 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Just use the vB 3.8 module Toungue I went from vB 4 to MyBB 1.6 withno problems at all - I only lost the couple of attachments I had and all the AME embedded videos.

I tried using, but it didn't import the post messages, neither did it convert the people that made posts.
(2010-12-22, 08:04 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Just use the vB 3.8 module Toungue I went from vB 4 to MyBB 1.6 withno problems at all - I only lost the couple of attachments I had and all the AME embedded videos.

Tried it again, redoing a few steps and everything seems to be working fine so far. Haven't tested the attachments though, since I did not have any.
Glad to hear it. It may not seem to have worked, but running a recount and rebuild from the ACP should sort it Wink I had that problem after importing as no posts were showing.

Also, remember to ensure the loginconvert plugin gets installed - otherwise users wont be able to get in.