MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LinuxAdept
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-12-22, 02:41 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]My only comment is actually a question. If its a "General" linux forum, why do an "Ubuntu" style theme? Wouldn't a general Linux theme be more appropriate?
What Putnam said (and I like the user agent checker idea!).

I just wanted to add that you cannot do a general Linux theme if you want it to resemble to a desktop computer somehow, simply because Linux interfaces vary from a GNU command line to full-featured window management.

The only "general" theming possibility is a Tux-styled theme, but it wasn't within my scopeā€¦
I love the name.
(2010-12-26, 06:00 AM)BrianRR Wrote: [ -> ]I love the name.

Thanks! I had an idea for a linux-oriented information site, and adept is a good word for knowing. Kind of like guru, and I thought it would fit well.
It looked good, "The Cure" didn't really suit the forum and i was still thinking of joining, till i saw the whibiya toolbar.
(2010-12-29, 06:17 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]It looked good, "The Cure" didn't really suit the forum and i was still thinking of joining, till i saw the whibiya toolbar.
You really don't like the Wibiya toolbar that much? It was just an idea, I could talk to Waterfox about taking it off. Wink
Some people don't like it, some people don't. I figure we could take it off until we get a larger user-base, and then ask our members if or if they don't like it, then we can go from there.
Thanks

A easier way is if it is say a 60 no and 40 yes, just to add a duplicate theme and add the code in that one.
(2010-12-29, 06:17 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]It looked good, "The Cure" didn't really suit the forum and i was still thinking of joining, till i saw the whibiya toolbar.
After further discussion among staff, we've decided to disable the Wibiya toolbar for the time being. When we achieve a bigger userbase, we might run a poll to see how many members like it, but for now, it just creates bloat.

I hope, Mark.M, that you'll consider joining our wonderful forum now that we've made this change, and that applies to everyone else, too.
Sadly I just don't have the time to devote to another forum. Four + work + family is already too many Smile
(2011-01-02, 06:39 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly I just don't have the time to devote to another forum. Four + work + family is already too many Smile

Don't worry, we understand your situation, although it would have been an honour for us to have you as a member of our forum.Smile
I just did, i hope i can make use of this.
Pages: 1 2 3