MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.1 themes and ACP problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really like this one theme for 1.6, but now that I have 1.6.1 I can't install it.
Quote:•This theme has been written for another version of MyBB. Please check the "Ignore Version Compatibility" to ignore this error.

Will there be problem if I install it?
Also, the admin panel is not showing up correctly. Why?
read the installation documentation in the mybb package. set the correct folder permissions read, write, execute for the folders as specified in documentation.

for the theme installation, while uploading the theme file, select "ignore version compatability" and install
I know, but will this theme disable some functions? I installed a mybb 1.4 theme once and I couldn't use some of the features. Will this happen?
No, there won't be any issues.
You mean plugins (features)?

When you install a new theme , you need to deactivate all plugins and reactivate them to work with ur new theme.

When i say all plugins , i mean the plugins that make template edits.
Is that because 1.6.1 is just a security fix? And what about the ACP?
(2010-12-22, 02:06 PM)hobbyplace Wrote: [ -> ]Is that because 1.6.1 is just a security fix? And what about the ACP?

Usually, templates won't break on MyBB updates unless it is a major release. (Like 1.4 to 1.6) And what's wrong with your ACP?
pyridine sayed good for Templates. And for ACP try to upload that "admin" folder again, but be carefull for your plugins if you added some of them (talking about plugins who need some files in "admin" folder).
Can you please post a screenshot of your admin cp ?
Thanks.
Some templates were changed in 1.6.1 so if the theme was made on 1.6.0, it's technically not fully compatible, but you'll rarely have any problems ignoring the version if it's made for the same main version, i.e. 1.6.x.