MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Assigning Thread Co-Authors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there. I realize that it's probably a weird request, but I'd like to request a plugin that would allow thread creators to assign thread co-ownership to other users. Anyone who's a co-author of a thread would be able to have the same permissions as the thread creator, whatever they might be.

I think it'd be useful for collaborative purposes, like say for example a person submits a work (ex: a story, a piece of code, etc.) (s)he and his/her friends did. That person could then give his/her friends co-ownership of that thread.

I also have some ideas for settings.
  • Set which forums would allow this feature.
  • Set which usergroups would be allowed to use this feature.
  • Set which users wouldn't be allowed to use this feature.
  • Set whether or not users would receive a notification when they've been given thread co-ownership.
  • Set whether or not thread co-owners can opt out of co-owning a thread.
  • I can't think of anything else...

If anyone's interested and gets around to making a plugin like this, that would be pretty cool, and thanks a ton if you do. Is this possible to pull off?
Any takers? o.o
This look interesting. I could give it a go. Not sure that the first release will contain everything that you describe above Smile Are you interested in being a beta tester?
That's fairly easy enough. An input box on the top of thread subject box, which is used to add usernames of "Thread Co-authors", this inserts there names on threads table with thread ID. Now the person whose username inserted, when open that thread, he / she will be acting as a thread author.
(2011-01-02, 11:35 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]This look interesting. I could give it a go. Not sure that the first release will contain everything that you describe above Smile Are you interested in being a beta tester?
That's alright. :p A beta tester for this? Sure thing. Big Grin
(2010-12-22, 05:48 PM)PK8 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there. I realize that it's probably a weird request, but I'd like to request a plugin that would allow thread creators to assign thread co-ownership to other users. Anyone who's a co-author of a thread would be able to have the same permissions as the thread creator, whatever they might be.

I think it'd be useful for collaborative purposes, like say for example a person submits a work (ex: a story, a piece of code, etc.) (s)he and his/her friends did. That person could then give his/her friends co-ownership of that thread.

I also have some ideas for settings.
  • Set which forums would allow this feature.
  • Set which usergroups would be allowed to use this feature.
  • Set which users wouldn't be allowed to use this feature.
  • Set whether or not users would receive a notification when they've been given thread co-ownership.
  • Set whether or not thread co-owners can opt out of co-owning a thread.
  • I can't think of anything else...

If anyone's interested and gets around to making a plugin like this, that would be pretty cool, and thanks a ton if you do. Is this possible to pull off?

I'm looking for the exact same thing. (See http://community.mybb.com/thread-86482.html).

Would love to help the beta testing!

Regards,
Jan
It is currently under construction amongst other projects. I will contact you when it goes into beta phase.