MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why board trying to send password to spiders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is quite strange !
I wonder Why my board trying to send password to all 150 spiders I added to my board?
System Email Log is full of error log entries like this:
Quote:The mail server does not understand the RCPT TO command. Reason: 555 5.5.2 Syntax error. j49sm2057911wer.38
SMTP Code: 555
SMTP Server Response: 555
Email
To: [BLANK]
Subject: XXXXX
Date: 22-12-2010, 17:38
Fast Crawler Gold
XXXX
http://XXXX/mybb/member.php?action=reset...&code=XXXX

XXXX

http://XXXX/mybb/member.php?action=resetpassword
According to ACP --> Spiders / Bots page, Fast Crawler Gold never never visited my board, so how /mybb/member.php?action=resetpasswor was triggred ?? Huh
It seems like it's followed the link to reset the password, but the email address it put in isn't valid or something.
Thank for reply
I have to say that I added spiders and bot to a custom usergroup (BOTS) not defaul (guests)
But how a spider could visit /member.php page?
member.php page is disallowed per robots.txt rules !!
Spiders and bots aren't required to follow robots.txt. It's more of a convenient resource.
A spider bot would not have to get to a member page to request a reset. This feature is there so people who are not logged in, and who have lost their passwords, can get back in. The protection is it works via the member email.
So how a unknown bot like Fast Crawler Gold get to the member.php page requesting a password reset??
I have about 150 bots in my list, so there is about 150 error messages generated at nearly the same time , a message for each spider !!
Deos anyone trying to hack my borad ?? Confused
UP
Please can anyone tell me why my board is trying to send reset password to all the 150 bots and spiders I've added to my board ??
See attached image, you will notice that board attempted to send emails in nearly the same time
Did you assign bots to any "User Group" by chance ?
Do you have any plugins or anything that might be sending emails?? I can't see what else could be causing an email to be sent to all 150 spiders at exactly the same time.
(2010-12-23, 10:54 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Did you assign bots to any "User Group" by chance ?
Yes I moved spiders from Guest to a custom usergroup BOTS, because I want to give spiders some extra permissions Guests deosnot have
Pages: 1 2