MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb.com's Demise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Note: This is a fanfiction (lawlcakes), not an attempt to scare you people into beating up poor librarians.

@Chris: If you're reading this, stay out of the library.

Angel

Mybb.com's Demise

It was a cold winter day, when the poor Chris Boulton looked up at the building in front of him. The sign read 'Spring Hills Library' he opened up the door and stepped out of the cold.

As soon as Chris stepped in, the warmth engulfed him and every part of his body tingled as he got used to the warmth. A short librarian looking to be in his mid 40's came up with a plate of donuts.

"Would you care for a donut sir?" He asked quietly, in a tired voice.
"Thanks" Chris replied, as he grabbed a donut with sprinkles on it. Chris then walked around looking for a book to pass the time. He came upon some comedy books when he saw it, the best thing that had ever happened to him, a computer.

It seemed to sit there with a glowing light behind it, and Chris was drawn to it. He stepped closer, and began drooling as the light glowed brighter. He then broke into a mad dash for it, afraid it would get up and leave.

As Chris reached it he gave it a hug and sat down, finishing the last of his donut. He switched it on, and the monitor flickered to life, and a buzz started within the computer as it warmed up.

Chris almost cried, it was so beautiful. He hadn't been on the computer in forever and something very important to check. As it finished loading he looked around for the browser 'Google Chrome' and saw there was only 'Internet Explorer'.

Chris felt a deathly anger inside. He almost got up and stormed to the front desk, when he had an evil thought. He opened up the cursed browser, and then loaded 'Google.com' up and typed in 'Google Chrome' and waited for it to fetch the results.

As the results appeared, he clicked on 'Download Google Chrome' and waited for it to download. It finished downloading, and before even bothering with Google Chrome he uninstalled Internet Explorer wishing it a horrible life.

He opened Google Chrome and felt a peace inside him. Now, Chris had to check the most important website ever. He clicked on his address bar and typed in the lovely name.

Facebook.com

"I missed you old buddy" he said as it loaded up. After checking his Facebook, he went to his less important website, Mybb.com - and then logged into his Management account to check how everything was going.

It was then, the demise of Mybb started. A librarian came over, and realized what that website was.

"That's MYBB!!!! Oh my gosh, I love them!!!" She screamed, ignoring the fact people were trying to read. She grabbed Chris and threw him into a book case, then sat down and began typing.

"Chris, mind if I use your account? Thanks bud" She said as Chris moaned in the book case.

-

Chris awoke and felt a large pain in his arm. He ignored it and went to the computer, it was on Youtube. He typed in 'Mybb.com' and then got a 404 error.

"Oh no" he said as he looked over at the newspaper. It read heart wrenching words...

"The demise of Mybb"
'Citizens are near tears as their beloved Mybb has turned into a 404 error. There are protests everywhere, and the entire WORLD is in turmoil, well the people that support Mybb anyway. And the convict, a Librarian who's a 43 year old woman had this to say.

"I used to be a fan of Mybb. I would check the website every night before bed, and everyday before work. But then, when Chirs Boulton - came into my library, he logged into his account. I tested some stuff, and read a post about a different forum system. After checking it out I was hooked.

I'm a Vbulletiner now."

There you have it folks, the evil, stupid, annoying, terrible, bad admincp, cake eating Vbulletiners have defeated the great Mybb - and the question everyone is asking is, "Where is Chris Boulton?"
'

Chris sighed in his chair. His life's work was taken down by Vbulletin. He got up and slowly walked out of the library, letting the cold engulf him.

====

Hope you enjoyed my story! If it's popular enough I have a funny sequel in mind. Feel free to leave feedback no matter how harsh. And, I do love Mybb and in no way would want this to happen. But hey, I'm a writer and need to keep people interested. Wink
Why would you write a story like this lol. How long didnthis take you?
Just for laughs. And, it took me 10-15 minutes - not long. Smile
...why? xD
For laughs mate. Smile
Hmm, What a rather unusual post.
Thanks Azareal! Smile
Just wondering, would anyone want me to continue this story?
Rep + for the creative post Smile
Thank you Jessie, glad you enjoyed it. Smile
Good job Smile Nice small story.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5