MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Message Bar v0.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2011-05-01, 02:23 PM)Time 2 Mobilize Wrote: [ -> ]1. This mod uses marquee html, is that correct? Doesn't that invalidate xhtml 1.0 transitional? As of right now, my website validates.
The <marquee></marquee> tag creates a scrolling text marquee.
This tag is not part of the XHTML specification, but most modern browsers support it.

(2011-05-01, 02:23 PM)Time 2 Mobilize Wrote: [ -> ]2. Can you set this to show messages on a per-user or per-usergroup basis? How about so different users or groups see different messages? THAT would be cool!

For this, you can use this: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=462
I would use this mod if it didn't invalidate the xhtml standard. That negatively impacts search engine rankings. I've read several studies where basically "identical" websites, one with valid markup and one with invalid markup, and google always favors the valid site. That enough is away to keep me away.

If there was just another way............ Big Grin
It's true that the marquee is depreciated, but there's not a great deal of point in using several lines of JS to achieve the exact same effect when marquee still works. You can always edit the plugin yourself easily enough too.

@Yaldaram: Is that "Yaldaram" text below the bar part of the plugin? If so, that would be a MAJOR put off for me (especially if it's a cheeky little backlink Wink)
(2011-05-03, 01:07 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]@Yaldaram: Is that "Yaldaram" text belwo the bar part of the plugin? if so, that would be a MAJOR put off for me (especially if it's a cheeky little backlink Wink)

Its a breadcrumb area Toungue
Aaaaah haha. My bad Wink I also just noticed how many typos I made there...

Looks like a good little plugin anyway.
Thanks =)
This pluigin is awesome, it looks fantastic on my Forum. Thanks for the share buddy. Toungue
Thanks Smile
This plugin not works with Google Chrome plugin box go out from template when go to see,post, new thread, But on index page works fine so can you provide some fix..i use chameleon theme
Super.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6