MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I think my installation went wrong somehow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really do not know how to describe this situation, especially since it seems quite strange. You see, I installed MyBB today, and everything went great, awesome really. That is until I clicked the link to get to the admin control panel. That's when everything went downhill into plain confusion.

Since pictures are worth more words, I have uploaded screenshots of the whole situation.

This is the screen I recieved after installation.

[attachment=20926]

This is the screen I recieved after clicking the Admin Control Panel link.

[attachment=20927]

I pushed the back button and tried the MyBB link, and got this screen.

[attachment=20928]

I really am wondering what went wrong. I went to files, and I do see the global.lang.php. I just do not understand why the file is not being acknowledged. As far as the other one, I do not know where to look for that 'set' it speaks off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if more information is needed, please do not hesitate to ask for it.

Thank you in advance.Heart
Make sure ./inc/languages/english/ and /inc/languages/english/admin/ and the files inside them exist, that the folders are CHMOD to 755, and the files inside are CHMOD to either 644 or 666.
Make sure all the files in ./inc/languages/english/ and ./inc/languages/english/admin/ are CHMOD to 755, and also make sure the files in the folders are CHMOD to 666.

Edit:
Matt, your too fast.
(2010-12-23, 12:42 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure ./inc/languages/english/ and /inc/languages/english/admin/ and the files inside them exist, that the folders are CHMOD to 755, and the files inside are CHMOD to either 644 or 666.

Thank you so much! That did the trick perfectly!Big Grin
(2010-12-23, 12:43 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure all the files in ./inc/languages/english/ and ./inc/languages/english/admin/ are CHMOD to 755, and also make sure the files in the folders are CHMOD to 666.

Edit:
Matt, your too fast.

Thank you for your quick replyHeart