MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforums Problems again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How Do i make my sub forums like these in this picture? Like In The Rows

[Image: 275831afa3a3c06fbb9aaaf3920e2941.png]
If you know sufficient XHTML then do it yourself in Templates > Forum Display Templates > forumbit_subforums
Pyridine i saw that you have it done on your fourms. is there anyway you can do it for me i can make you admin on my site and you can do that really quick for me?
(2010-12-23, 04:42 AM)jwinkie Wrote: [ -> ]Pyridine i saw that you have it done on your fourms. is there anyway you can do it for me i can make you admin on my site and you can do that really quick for me?

I don't have any subforums on my forums.. (Except for one, but it's not even listed on the index)
(2010-12-23, 04:46 AM)jwinkie Wrote: [ -> ]http://gyazo.com/77fae8132463afea6cce58400052b75b.png
whats this then? ^^^^^^

Where did you get that? I don't own those. Never seen them in my life.
I think there is a plugin to do it if you are not confident in doing it yourself, but I think the plugin may be extremely buggy.
Go to: ACP > Templates > Select Your Theme's Template Set > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_depth3 > Edit > Replace all with the following code:
<li>{$statusicon}<a href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$forum['fid']}">{$forum['name']}</a></li>

Go to: ACP > Templates > Select Your Theme's Template Set > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_subforums > Edit > Replace all with the following code:
<br />{$lang->subforums}<br /><ul class="columns">{$sub_forums}</ul>

Go to: ACP > Themes > Select Your Theme > global.css > Edit Stylesheet in Advanced Mode > Add the following at the end of Stylesheet.
.columns 
{
list-style: none; 
margin: 0; 
padding: 0;
}

.columns li 
{
width: 50%; 
float: left;
}

--- DONE! Smile
And if you use {$forum_url} instead of forumdisplay.php?fid=forumfid, like how it's done in the original template, it will even work with MyBB SEF and Google SEO URLs, imagine that...

in other words, keep the original template, remove comma, just add a <li> (or div or span or whatever), and do the rest with css