MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Daily email Digest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey mybb.com, im looking for a plugin to send my users a daily short abridged version of all activity on my forum, similiar to what this thread does http://community.mybb.com/thread-58114.html

i tried the above mentioned method, and as such it worked well, problem was that it also shared posts from hidden forums with users not authorized to see them Dodgy

So if anyone can guide me to a plugin with similar functionality that would be great, i tried using the search option with no luck...
Open mailsummary.php file and find the following;
$counter = 0;

and replace with the following;
$counter = 0;
$unviewable = get_unviewable_forums(true);
if($unviewable)
{
	$unviewwhere = " AND fid NOT IN ($unviewable)";
}

save the file. Now your users will not receive the posts / threads notifications from "No Permissions" forum Smile
Thank you kindly Smile
Thanks. Smile
Im now getting this error Sad

MyBB SQL Error - [20] array ( 'error_no' => 1052, 'error' => 'Column \'fid\' in where clause is ambiguous', 'query' => ' SELECT p.*, u.username FROM mybb_posts p LEFT join mybb_users u ON (u.uid = p.uid) LEFT join mybb_threads t ON (t.tid = p.tid) WHERE 1=1 AND fid NOT IN (\'21\',\'25\',\'16\',\'4\',\'9\',\'6\',\'18\',\'24\',\'19\',\'22\',\'26\',\'27\',\'28\',\'30\',\'29\') AND t.visible=\'1\' AND t.closed NOT LIKE \'moved|%\' AND p.dateline > 1292976000 ORDER BY p.dateline DESC', )
in teh new code, change fid to t.fid
Thank you pavemen

now im no longer getting the error, log shows:

Quote:Daily Digest Today, 10:45 PM Mail Summary Successful

so thats progress Big Grin

but there still doesn't seem to be any digests going out... i checked the "system mail log" so its not a problem with my SMTP

any ideas?

(thank you all kindly for your time, and merry Christmas!)
I tried all this, too. The task log says that the task ran, no problems on the email log, but no digest went out. Sad
That was a test board I tried it on. Now I'm trying on my new board. The digest sent! But it's blank. It says "A summary of the 0 new Forum posts from the last 24 hours..." when there were really quite a few posts in that time period. What am I doing wrong? Please help!
Next question: (although I kind of feel like I'm talking to myself here) how could I modify this task so that it only send out from certain forums, not all?
Pages: 1 2