MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ZoomCities IT Community - Now using myBB!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When ZoomCities - IT Community started over a year ago, we started small using phpBB Forum. But in the past year, we have grown and established a very stable userbase of members. So this month of April 2006 after 2 weeks of testing, we have decided to switched to myBB Forum System! It has all the features that we need as a growing IT Community Smile It is way better than our previous phpBB Forum.

Check our myBB Forum at http://www.zoomcities.com/forum
Compare that the old phpBB Forum at http://www.zoomcities.com/zoomforum

All we have to say is we are very satisfied with myBB and to all its developers. Keep up the good work! Big Grin Its great to know that its main developer is an Australian Wink

Zac
oho nice!! but listen sure you dont wanna loose your members, ! i rather prefer to convert than starting from 0 as you have on the phpbb 1592 users. and 20323 articles.

There's something about a PHPBB to MyBB conversion somewhere on the site...
zaher1988 Wrote:oho nice!! but listen sure you dont wanna loose your members, ! i rather prefer to convert than starting from 0 as you have on the phpbb 1592 users. and 20323 articles.

Thanks zaher! Smile

Yeah we've thought of that too. Losing members. But what I did was I've contacted all the Active Members of the Forum and invited them to the New Forum (myBB) which is turning up great! Smile They become even more active, in a scope of 2 weeks the new forum is online, it resulted with 2000+ posts! Maybe because most of them love the new forum system. Anyway the fact that myBB was so better than phpBB covers all that downside of starting from scratch.

Our old phpBB forum remains as a museum of all the previous posts. It feels good to start from scratch anyway, I wasnt really concern, because 1. We have a stable userbase, its not like we will start with nothing. 2. myBB is the perfect forum to switch to from phpBB! Wink

So again guys, great work! Smile I am getting my community to start working on themes and other stuff with myBB, I am trying to convert them to use myBB too! Big Grin

Cheers,

Zac
Yea, some times it's good to get rid of those horrible old posts. Wink
CraKteR Wrote:Yea, some times it's good to get rid of those horrible old posts. Wink

Yep, now we are applying the rules from the very start so No Spam basically. Smile

Zac
Thanks for choosing MyBB! Smile

I like your style, green's my favorite color. Wink
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:Thanks for choosing MyBB! Smile

I like your style, green's my favorite color. Wink

No, We should Thank You all for making myBB better everyday Smile

Green is a relaxing color, its very pleasing in the eye Wink

Zac
Also folks, if you need cPanel hosting for your myBB Forum, you can check us out too http://www.zoomcities.com . We strongly support and encourage those who would like to start a myBB forum. One sample is gamerzhq.info I even provided him with a domain Wink

Cheers,
Zac
The forum link on your home page still goes to your phpbb forums.
Pages: 1 2