MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email to Post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there such a thing as being able to create a new post or PM after recieving an Email?

Email account is a googlemail.com

Daz
Do you mean to post a new thread / post after registration ?? or something like that.
No Smile

I have a osCommerce website and when an order is generated it sends out an email to the specified email addy. When that addy receives an email, i wish to post it in a section of my forum.

I realise that there is an amost impossible chance of this existing but i thought i would ask anyway. Blush

Daz
If your osCommerce website integrated with MyBB, then it might be possible by using the hooks.

First you need to assign a hook like $run_hook("osCommerce_website_start"); or something in your osCommerce website, then call it in the plugin like $add_hook("osCommerce_website_start" , "osCommerce_website_run"); and finally use the function to post a thread / post in any designated / selected forum.

But all this can be done if you know php. Smile

Happy Holidays Smile
Slight problem there Toungue

PHP is something that i have never gotten into Confused

Daz
if you can't use plugins in osCommerce or don't know how, you would need to setup your server to pipe an email address to a script. Once you pipe the email to the script, the script would parse the email and directly insert the proper data into the forum tables.

That would still mean you would need to know PHP and be able to figure out how to pipe emails.
One of the things on my TODO list is to write a script for MyBB to email2post such as vBull has. Its just way towards the bottom since the guy who made the request (a paid request) bailed out on me, and the other people interested have also seemed to changed their mind. I've got too much paid work ahead of this, so it'll be months. If someone else beats me to it, thats fine.