MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not reporting this yet on the mybb tracker, because I don't think it's a software issue.

I've noticed that a lot of speech marks are being replaced to underscores on these forums.
Example...?? Not seen it anywhere.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-84797-p...#pid619663 < this. I'm pretty sure speech marks are meant to be around the word should in that post.
Sometimes people use underscores to emphasize words.
Oh. I thought it was meant to be speech marks being changed or something. Confused
Yeah, thats deliberate, though quotation marks should never be used for emphasis, the correct way to emphasize something is to use bold or italics. My primary school English teacher taught me something apparently, I'm not sure what she would think of using underscores though :p
(2010-12-24, 01:22 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, thats deliberate, though quotation marks should never be used for emphasis, the correct way to emphasize something is to use bold or italics. My primary school English teacher taught me something apparently, I'm not sure what she would think of using underscores though :p

She would consider them incorrect as well. We should add an [em] tag like html has Toungue and let the admin set whether its italics or bold Big Grin
Yeah I used it to emphasize, nothing else Toungue

Writing two underscores too me less time of life than writing [b ] and then [/b] (which I ended up writing right now, as well as some more words, just because my two underscores led to the creation of a new thread).

So, I guess I should probably start using the bold tags from now on ahah
I think the quick reply should hav the bb code buttOns in Smile
(2010-12-25, 08:19 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I think the quick reply should hav the bb code buttOns in Smile

As discussed in the past it kind of defeats the purpose of a quick reply if you need formatting.
Pages: 1 2