MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error I can't figure out | Not very important
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

Well, I have just merged another MyBB DB into my forums and it went perfectly well. Just a few things to do such as cache rebuilding and post recounting and it was it. I'm very happy with the merge system.

Though, I'm now having an error. When I go back to the merging system and select a software to be merged (one the welcome page), I'm getting an error :

Warning [2] require_once(/home/basiccen/public_html/inc/db_.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 42 - File: convert/resources/class_converter.php PHP 5.2.9 (Linux)

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/basiccen/public_html/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/basiccen/public_html/convert/resources/class_converter.php on line 42

After quickly checking the class_converter.php file at line 42 I think it's trying to check what DB engine I'm using. Not knowing PHP at all makes me unable to fix this nor understand why it's actually doing it.

Like I say in title, it's not a major problem since the merge itself went perfectly well. Still, I'd like to fix this.

Thanks for your time.
Is your forum located in your public_html folder? If not, then your convert folder is in the wrong place. You can PM me ftp login details if you want me to look at this.
(2010-12-24, 03:21 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Is your forum located in your public_html folder? If not, then your convert folder is in the wrong place. You can PM me ftp login details if you want me to look at this.

It is located in the public_html folder. The thing that's weird is that it worked once, now it doesn't anymore (same folder, same everything). Reading the PHP source, I think (and I only 'think') it could be related to cache, because it's a "sub" (don't know if they're called like this for PHP) called:
($import_session['old_db_engine'])

I don't know how, but it must be looking for the SQL engine and somehow can't find it.
Actually that line isn't set yet when you're getting your error. You're getting your error right at the beginning when the Merge System is trying to access the db engine information for your forum that you are merging into. Go ahead and PM me with ftp details if you don't mind. I'd like to verify for sure if this is or isn't a bug with the Merge System and get on with it Smile Thanks!
Ok, try rebuilding your caches in your AdminCP. If that doesn't fix it I'll need database access too.
Fixed. It was a corruption in your database datacache table. If it happens again, please report here with what forum you merged from, which modules (users, posts, etc...) you ran, and everything else you did. If not we'll pass it off as a one time thing.
Okay, will do. Thanks for this, marking as solved.
Sorry it took so much to figure it out, I'd never seen that particular issue before. Glad we were able to get it running again though.
No problems, you did really well with this fix, and with the merge system in general.