MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove Debug View (Advanced Details)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've disabled the Advanced Debug Info in (ACP >> Configuration >> Server and Optimization Options >> Advanced Debug Info: No) but if I type uid=1&debug=1 after the url of my forum I still can see the debug menu. Is there a way to completely remove this option ?

Thank you.
Is it really a problem if you have to go to the URL manually...??
Search in ./inc/functions.php the following and remove;
$debugstuff = "Generated in $totaltime seconds ($percentphp% PHP / $percentsql% MySQL)<br />SQL Queries: $db->query_count /  Global Parsing Time: $globaltime$memory_usage<br />$other<br />[<a href=\"$debuglink\" target=\"_blank\">advanced details</a>]<br />";
That'll already be hidden if the setting is disabled, he's talking about putting debug=1 in the URL and it still showing the debug info.

Only admins can see this and there's no sensitive information there, there's no reason to remove it, often it's useful for support and you'd just need to add it back if we ever needed it...
Oh, I see. I thought that if someone somehow gain access to my administrator account or something similiar to exploit it but as you said ... I'll be safe with it, right ? So, I don't need to remove it ?
Actually it shows the database name too... if you're really worried about it you can remove this from ./inc/functions.php:

if($mybb->debug_mode == true)
{
	debug_page();
}

but without a database password you can't do much with a database name either.
(2010-12-24, 11:47 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Actually it shows the database name too... if you're really worried about it you can remove this from ./inc/functions.php:

if($mybb->debug_mode == true)
{
	debug_page();
}

but without a database password you can't do much with a database name either.

So, which one I should remove finally ?

The one you said above or this one below ?
$debugstuff = "Generated in $totaltime seconds ($percentphp% PHP / $percentsql% MySQL)<br />SQL Queries: $db->query_count /  Global Parsing Time: $globaltime$memory_usage<br />$other<br />[<a href=\"$debuglink\" target=\"_blank\">advanced details</a>]<br />"; 
The bottom bit is what adds the link to the footer, but you've already disable that, the bit of code I posted will stop it showing the information when you have debug=1 in the URL.
Thank you a lot. I'm going to disable it now.