MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Whats your thoughts on Icy Phoenix? (phpBB Fork)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.icyphoenix.com/
I think it looks good... and they added alot more features so its not just a forum its a CMS, forks usually dont last but this seems to be doing good. Most forks just copy the whole thing, and dont change anything.. but this one is different.

If you dont know what fork means, it means when someone takes a certain type of software that is open source and modifies it, and adds more features to it and basically comes out with a whole new software. You can only make a fork if the software is open source. Open source means, you are free to modify the software, and change things around, and redistribute it as your own long as you include the credits.

If I were to even consider to use phpBB which I never would.. I would rather use Icy Phoenix.
If it has a whiff of PHPBB it is terrible.
I love it. Used it quite a lot. Easily my second favourite.
(2010-12-24, 08:43 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I love it. Used it quite a lot. Easily my second favourite.

Yes, it does look cool. But if I was to use free forum software, it would still be mybb.
Looks quite nice but I'm MyBB 4 Lyfe. Wink
It's just a modified version of phpbb to make it more portal like. I see it turning into Nuke which sucks and still used to this day for some reason.
Name is stupid and its still phpBB.
Looks okay, but considering its based off phpBB, I'll pass.
I like it, and would probably use it over PHPBB.
That's not a very professional name for software.