MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix uneven postbit width in classic view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem in one of my new themes, "[K]Zoom"
The post bit is showing uneven width (see attachment) and the post width also is not equal so how to fix that too ?

* There is another theme on my forum where its perfect, I replaced the whole postbit_classic code but still it remains the same, so I know its not in postbit_classic so any options to fix this ?

Thanks in advance,.
your forum link please
Check to see if this is caused the the length of the user name and/or user group name.

Quote:* There is another theme on my forum where its perfect, I replaced the whole postbit_classic code but still it remains the same

Clear cache, try again ?
@ Jibon Dhara
the link is in my siggy
after logging in you need to select the theme "Blue VB"

@ Andrew B.
Yes there are stars below the username that is causing this to happen
so its by auto wrap, so how to remove that and give a fixed width ?

@ Dimon
That doesnt help Sad I have tried it many times.
-Bump-

any help ?
Do we have to select the Blue VB theme after logging in? If thats the case, can you also give us a test account.
I have the same problem, can you help (also) me?
^ replied at your thread
You have to use a % values to put fixed tables on any resolution, the postbit and postbit_classic by default are inside a table, if you put any values like 300px, then in any resolution you have to show 300px in every part you can see.(on every place you use this value).

But if you put inside the contents a % value, you show the same results on many resolutions, well one is more big than another, but if you have 30% for one part and 70% to another, only on classic, because on normal mode, you see entire table xD.

If you show an account to see your template, you have to create a new account, then put the stylization with the problem by default and told us the user and pass, we check it and post the answer xD.

Well anyway i put one value to the right and one to the left to show what i want, or put a value as you want, but you have to review another value does not exist, because two or more declarations about the same thing, that is the problem xD.

Example:
<td class="trow1 usergroup{$post['usergroup']}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}">

Then on your CSS

.usergroup4{
width: 300px;
}

As you see you have two values for the same width value, you have to remove one of those vales, and make sure you have not another tr value with the same, because you make a conflict with that.

And other error i see you put appart of these an style value, you can put one value to all facts, onlye put the value to the entire stilization, then put an id value and finally put the stilization as you want, xD.